Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2008, 07:25 AM   #1
bolinski
Established Member

M.O.C. #8006
under bed storage

Ok- we know about the under bed storage area, but what is below the board below the mattress-ie when you pull up the mattress there is a very shallow storage area there but it looks like if you remove the screws and take out the safe there appears to be a deeper storage are to use? Has anyone done this?

bolinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:32 AM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
isn't that where the cylinder and rack is for the bedroom slide?
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Search for mods done on the bed area. I think Ozz did one and enclosed the pump area to give him more storage under there. Check it out or maybe Ozz will chirp in on this one!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #4
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
That is the mystery of the RV - space everywhere waiting to be found. Under the board is the hydraulics and slide mechanism for the bed. However, take the board out, raise the bed and slide it in and out a few times. You will see all the safe and usable space come alive. However, be very cautious that the hydraulic tenticles NEVER eat your stuff and cause massive stomach upset. Your bed gets very mad and then refuses to move. We acually have 2 clothes baskets that fit very nicely between all the moving stuff to hold next season clothes. If you are careful (and I believe Ozz did it best with his construction) you will have plenty of extra storage space.
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Just be careful, as stated. The bed will eat stuff...
Click on below bed storage in my sig.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:15 AM   #6
bolinski
Established Member

M.O.C. #8006
Speaking of modifications-my son and I just completed one for hooking up power cord to generator while the generator is still in bed of truck. Bought a one piece very long cord so the wife dosn't have to help me hump it out of the truck. Then we mounted 2 long pvc pipes under the trailer to feed the cord through so it is right at the front of trailer. Second pipe is for the excess cord to be fed back through. Now when we stop for overnight at rest area or for lunch with no shore power it is easy to hook up generator and have power.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:57 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good thinking.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #8
bolinski
Established Member

M.O.C. #8006
Thanks everybody-we just finished mounting the 3000 watt inverter in the front storage compartment-now I just have to find a way to get the remote control up into the bedroom so I don't have to go outside to turn it on and off. The inverter works everything except the ac units but I guess that is what the generator is for. Hope to meet up with Ozz and others some day once I get out on the road. Plan is for major launch date in April to Asheville area. Have a chance to buy 2 acres near Bat Cave N.C. by a creek from a friend of my daughter.
One of these days I will have the time to figure out how to post all my "stuff" like you folks. It is really interesting to see how you are all rigged up. The wife and I are hoping to someday soon go on the road for a year or so but right now the mean ole world still has it grip on us!!! Freedom is getting very vert close though.

Hope you all stay safe and God bless all of you-many many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with me and others.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
Texas Firefighter
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8153
Ozz,
Very nice work. I hope I can call on you sometimes for advice! Thanks for sharing you improvements. My wife and I just started RVing last year. Starting to learn the tricks thanks to people like you!
Texas Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote