Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
Anyone tried Rejex?

Has anyone tried Rejex? It is a silicone free polymer coating that is supposed to provide a slick surface that bugs and dirt don't stick to. It is kind of pricey for my budget so I thought I'ld see if anyone here had already tried it. I think it is being carried by True Value now, but I have not seen it in a store yet, just mail order. Thanks for your feedback.

2004 298RLS
2003 Chevy 2500HD LB Duramax/Allison

mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:16 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I never heard of it but did a little research after reading your post. Here's a link for some really good info in FAQ form:

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejexFAQ.html
It specifically mentions making love bugs easy to remove.

Rejex is made by Corrosion Technologies Corporation at http://www.corrosionx.com/

I don't see any mention of effectiveness on the decal graphics nor whether it will harm the decals. I have emailed the company with these questions. I haven't yet seen pricing info so asked about that but will look at some retail websites about that, also.

Thanks for the tip. I am always looking for something that will make bugs easier to remove. I'm also anxious to hear if anyone has tried it.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'03 3295RK
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:02 AM   #3
DL N K
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2888
I tried in on the front cap of the Four Winds we had. I was not happy with the results. It seem to take some of the shine off and left a bit of a dull finish. Couldn't tell any difference in cleaning bugs off. I had a long talk with the CorrosionX guys at the Sun-N-Fun air show before I tried it, and of course they said it's the best thing for the front cap of a trailer. First thing Kay said when we bought the Montana was "don't use that stuff on the front of the Montana that you used on the Four Winds".

2003 Silverado 2500HD CC Duramax/Allison 4X4
2005 Montana 3500RL
Dickie 'n Kay

SeSe, 7 lbs of Teacup Poodle
Sandy, 3.5 lbs of Pomeranian
(the camping dogs)
DL N K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:30 PM   #4
lens
Established Member

M.O.C. #5869
I used it a couple of years ago on my truck. I cant't prove it, but I beleive it fogged the lens on my headlights where I got some on the lens. Didn't think it did any better than waxing on the 5th. Won't use it again.

Len & Donna
3685FL
2000 Dodge 3500
lens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
BigBlue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #109
Take a look at Protect-All http://www.protectall.com/. RV Roadtrips on diynetwork demonstarted the cleaning product "Quick and Easy Wash". Supposedly you just put a capful in a bucket of water, wash the RV and wipe off. No rinsing needed. They have several other products that are supposed to be good for the RV. I'm going to get some of the "Quick and Easy Wash" and try it

Jim & Pat Heinen
Chev Kodiak 4500
Landmark Monticello
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:46 PM   #6
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
0 for 2 so far. Not looking good for the Rejex. At a buck an ounce it had better get better feedback than that to make it worth a try.

I have Protect-All and have used it on the front cap and on the Jack-Rabbit bed cover. It is a little harder to put on than Armor-All, but it might last a little longer. The Protect-All did not help with bug removal that I can tell.

2004 298RLS
2003 Chevy 2500HD LB Duramax/Allison
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote