Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2014, 04:35 AM   #21
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
We really do like our trailer. For what it's worth it has not left us stranded. Nor have any of the problems kept us from using it. However some of these items will get worse rather quickly and safety will be a major concern if not corrected properly.

woodtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Welcome to the world of Montana ownership.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #23
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Sent you an email.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #24
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Great attitude but remember,... NEVER, EVER compromise safety. Yours or others around you. (Not saying you would, just a reminder to all)

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by woodtic

We really do like our trailer. For what it's worth it has not left us stranded. Nor have any of the problems kept us from using it. However some of these items will get worse rather quickly and safety will be a major concern if not corrected properly.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #25
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
THANK YOU.
Reply sent.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #26
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
****UPDATE****

I have been in contact with Keystone, or I should say, they contacted me. Proof has been submitted to Keystone that all 44 issues were submitted during the warranty period. Alisha (customer service rep.) was very professional, understanding and patient. Help from members here (Dick and anyone else that my have intervened) I feel had a very positive affect. THANK YOU!!! I owe you a cold one.

Hopefully things will move forward at a better pace and the repairs will be done properly. I was told that Keystone will be contacting the dealer directly on my behalf.

Hopefully Bullyan RV of Duluth will rise to the occasion. The new service manager was helpful in providing the documents I needed.

Thanks again to all those who have helped....

John Schafer
Old 02-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #27
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

Let us know how you make out.

The last contact I had with them was directly with Mr. Holms the manager of warranty and he gave me all of this “with the picture you have we should be able to take care of some of the problems”.

When he denied any assistance at all he refused to do any of it in writhing and again had one of the warranty people verify that I was required to dissemble the trailer down to and including removing the sink and shower drains to re-caulk them.

And on the slide wall that failed he advised me when I provided VIN for other trailers that had same inappropriate construction that Keystone had transported back to the factory and replaced both end wall of the slide the comment was “we don’t cross-reference these warranty issues”.

Again they refused to provide this information be e-mail only phone calls.

The real problem with mine was the selling dealer was a very high volume dealer with a very incompetent service department. Keystone is sales oriented not customer service oriented. As a matter of fact Mr. Holmes was totally disinterested in the fact that I could prove the selling dealer didn’t have any that’s “0” RV trained technicians except for the service manage and the service manager made it clear that he didn’t keep notes on appointments as to what repairs were requested.

I wish you luck.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have had a lot of problems with our Montana's but never a single problem with anyone at the service center or the dealerships we dealt with. I do not know what the secret is to a good relationship with Montana or dealerships. We have ourselves dealt with and met Mr Holmes more than once with great success. That does not mean I got exactly what I wanted every time but we were treated fairly and professionally.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #29
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Having been a Montana owner since 2002, I have been increasingly disappointed with downhill deteriorating customer support from Keystone Corporate.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #30
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Simce Keystone is under the Thor brands umbrella, one could always see what the parent company thought of the whole situation. I would be asking Keystone for another dealer to do all the work that should have been done during the warrenty period. Don't you wish you had endless money and could tow that puppy off a long pier into the ocean?
Old 02-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #31
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
When they will not reply to an e-mail with an e-mail it is because they don’t want you to be able to prove what was said.

This has been the result of all of my phone conversations with Keystone period. Their transcript is either edited or just never entered completely.

I have been belittled by and blatantly insulted by one of the male customer service representatives and when I complained they could not find a record of the phone call at all and when I e-mailed a copy of my cell phone bill showing date and time they didn’t respond at all.

My wife’s conversation with Mr. Holmes and then My conversation with Mr. Holmes at the Tampa RV show just a few days after his promotion to the position he is in now was very polite and non confrontational. He asks me for an E-mail describing the problem and providing him with copy of the invoices.

After sending the e-mail I received only phone calls the object of that was so I had no record of what was said by Mr. Holmes or the costumer service representative that spoke to me afterwards.

I was denied warranty for the repair of the waste tank probe installation. There is no one that can say those probes were installed correctly after seeing the pictures.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #32
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
The last service manager at Bullyan RV told me that they did not have the ability to do a proper axle alignment. They send it out to another trailer repair company, usually at the owners expense. All they can do is change out parts.

The new service Manager told me that they were not equipped to remove the front of the trailer to fix the frame flex issue if necessary.

Maybe this is part of the reason they were dragging their feet so much on these two issues. I also noticed some errors in their translation of my list of items that need attention. Sounds to me like they will have to send the trailer out for the proper care. I don't mind that except I would rather it not be towed on salt covered roads. That stuff gets everywhere and you can never get it all off.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #33
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
Flying out tomorrow morning. Ship was delayed due to some weather. Was hoping for a response from Keystone or the dealer by now. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens..

On the bright side, I won't be stuck in northern Minnesota for the rest of the winter.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #34
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
I got on the ship in Newark, NJ. today at noon and this morning before I got here Keystone and I resolved one issue. The replacement tire issue has been taken care of. I was hoping for a little more (I asked for 5 G-614's) but, things being what they are, it was a fair deal. Best parts are, no more Marathons, I get to choose the tire's I want installed, and more convenient for me.

Couch, Suspension, and Frame Flex are the main remaining issues.

We're Off to Charleston at midnight. Should get there Saturday some time around noon.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:26 AM   #35
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
Returned home from the ship last Sunday and still have a couple of big outstanding warranty issues. 7 months at the dealer this last time with Keystone involved and still they couldn't get it done. Both parties are at fault to some extent, but the dealer more so by far.

On the positive side my list of warranty issues has gone from 44 down to 6. There are a couple things I'm just ignoring and plan to take care of them myself.

The frame flex issue seems to be within spec. I believe the dealer did do the testing. The panel separation and warping of the closet structures may have been an isolated incident. The problem was reported/recorded and if I have further issues we will address it again.

Still have a big axle problem.
Still have a broken airbed frame.

The dealer told us to take the trailer somewhere else to get the axle problem addressed. They just wanted us to take our trailer and go away, but first I had to pay them for some of the work they did that Keystone wouldn't cover. Keystone said they would make me a good faith payment for what the dealer charged me. Still waiting and waiting, to hear back from Keystone as to how they want to handle the remaining issues.

I may go into more detail of the specifics of the story later.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:07 AM   #36
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
"The panel separation and warping of the closet structures may have been an isolated incident. The problem was reported/recorded and if I have further issues we will address it again." We have the same "isolated incident" We only had a list of 32 issues.They did a better job on mine.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:28 AM   #37
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
When I went to the dealer I found we had a new problem. The bathroom skylight internal fascia has a nasty crack in it. This was caused by poor workmanship during construction. The fascia was quite warped before due to over tightening of the screws and or due to a problem with the framing of the hole. I'm sure the cold winter weather had something to do with the crack but, if it was mounted correctly in the first place i't probably never would have cracked.