Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2007, 04:24 AM   #1
CamprNick
Established Member

M.O.C. #7377
Dirct TV

What if I didn't want to take the recievers out of our home. Could I purchase 2 more recievers from a store or something? Do you think that Direct TV would chage me for the 2 extra recievers if I wasn't renting them from them directly. Anyone else do something like this? Were would I even get the other recievers if I chose to go this route. I would just like not to have to keep moving things back and forth. We are for the most part weekenders and sometimes it is a pain moving things back and forth. Thoughts greatly appreciated!

CamprNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Nick, I bought my Drectv receiver from camping world. Of course, I am a new subscriber but that is where you could buy one anyway. Probably available at most electronic stores...
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:54 AM   #3
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
I purchased another one from direct TV dealer for 50 bucks. Took it home and switched out the receiver with one I had already hooked to Sat dish, called direct TV and they activated it. Then took the one I replaced out to 5th wheel, and all is well and additional 6 bucks per month. I do not get local stations in the 5th wheel, at times I have trouble finding a signal when moving locations but getting better, and Sat finder is a must for me.
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
I learned while we were moving that if you leave the receiver unplugged, might need antenna connected but not sure. The receiver that is unplugged more then 3-4 weeks will not work. You have to call DirecTV and tell them which one is not working and they will reactivate it. Just a pain.
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #5
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
You can get additional receivers from Directv for no charge. You only have to pay $4.99 a month for each additional receiver. I have 3 or 4 of them in the garage I don't use, but you can get them free from Directv. I currently have 5 receivers activated and I pay $4.99 a month for 4 of them.
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:16 AM   #6
CamprNick
Established Member

M.O.C. #7377
Thank you to all of you for you responses. All your information is greatly appreciated.
CamprNick is offline   Reply With Quote