Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2007, 01:17 PM   #41
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Wow!! What a great response, and maybe I'm not as obsessive/compulsive as people think...LOL I too, hate shoes. So much so that my sneakers are never laced. The laces are tucked into the crisscrossed ones, so I can slip my shoes off quickly and easily. I have never liked my feet covered, so perhaps that is part of the reason I take them off all the time in here. I do know that when I traded in my old trailer, it was 5 years old, but the carpet looked like new. Well actually, the entire trailer pretty much held up really well, but I digress...I don't even like wearing socks once the shoes come off if I can help it. I do have slippers I can put on if the floors get cold. Molly has learned very quickly to step into the trailer, and sit down until I take off her leash, and tell her it's okay to go onto the carpet. If it's wet or muddy, she knows the feet are gonna get wiped. She doesn't mind though, cuz then she gets a cookie...LOL Thanks for all the responses and feedback!!

Jan

Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #42
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Jan,

Wonder if you could have used the Polling feature on the MOC for this? Never seen an Active Poll posted.

BTW - I don't wear shoes inside, but then I don't wear them outside either so I still track in!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #43
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Boy, that must get real cold this time of year!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. Me feet are to tender to go barefoot outside it the summer. We do usually take of our shoes and go sock feet inside.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:15 AM   #44
Gumby56
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6290
We do not take them off at home but do in the trailer. As other's have mentioned we have shoes for inside and out. This is critical having two small boys. We have even put down plasic carpet protectors but that is a bit of a pain as they have to be moved when you bring the slides and we have to use tension rods on the stairs to hold it in place. We may get rid of them this year but they where handy when people would tour our new trailer.
Gumby56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #45
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
No shoes in our Monty!!!
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #46
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We wore our shoes in the stick house and that cost considerably more than this Monty.
YES, we do keep our shoes on and we will insist that visitors keep theirs on. Besides, I just cannot handle smelly feet especially when they ain't mine.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:48 PM   #47
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
It's shoes off both at the stick house and Monty. I spend time laying on the carpet playing with the dog, watching TV or exercising and I don't want all the "stuff" that is walked on outside to be brought in the house--lawn chemicals, pet urine, people's spit and just general yucky stuff!!! (Sorry for getting so graphic!)
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #48
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We take shoes off. I wear slippers in cold weather. Yes, it's cheaper than our stick home was but it's also far smaller and there is a much higher percentage of wear on the traffic areas of the carpet. We learned that lesson on our 2003 after living in it for 3 1/2 years. We have put down an area rug that also looks very nice in the living room and throw rugs on the high traffic areas. The steps have a carpet runner, held in place by screws. Above the steps the same carpet runner is not screwed down (yet).

This is one of those questions that is pure preference, nobody is right or wrong. We learned our lesson about wearing out carpet and now remove shoes. We're particularly careful about that in areas heavy with sand (like where we are now) or dirt/mud. Again, personal opinion. This one is ours.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:31 AM   #49
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
Wow, lots of answers and really no conclusion. I had never taken shoes off or been around people who did until I met Julie and her entire family takes off their shoes upon entering any dwelling. I guess I am learning to do as they do. In fact for the past couple of months we have been looking for easily removed and replaced shoes for the Monty. Here in the stick house I am in and out so much that the shoes just naturally stay on. Great topic. Thanks
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:26 AM   #50
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Crocs, and their lookalikes, are excellent for leaving by the door for easy on-and-off. You can wear them with our without socks, so they can be used year-round.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:31 AM   #51
BigAl52
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4977
Mine come off at home and in our Monty. Out of respect to everyone elses trailer that we might go in they come off there to. Al
BigAl52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:24 AM   #52
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
I keep my shoes on inside my camper and inside my house. I have rugs in my camper that can be cleaned easier than carpet. My trailer carpet looks like new after 3 years. I have hardwood and tile flooring at home with rugs. Rugs can be really cleaned front and back unlike carpet. They can be taken out and beaten and or sprayed with soap and washed with a hose. I then use a carpet cleaner to vacuum out most of the water and hang it out to dry. You can wet carpet it with chemicals and water and then vacuum most of the dirt out but you can't take it outside and really wash it. What is under carpet when it is replaced is nasty even if the carpet looks good on top.
When I visit another camper and he removes his shoes at his door I remove mine as a matter of respect.
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:26 AM   #53
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
No shoes in the house or the Montana.......Pete
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #54
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
All this talk of taking shoes off is doing something to my computer, it's developed an odor.
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote