Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Great Lakes Region
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Mid Michigan MOC Fall Rally

This past summer, fellow MOC members "tbhd2" visited our campground, Alice Springs RV Park and Resort, and attended our Saturday Country Jam. After the jam we visited and he asked if our campground would be available for a 2013 MOC Rally. I discussed this with the owners and they are in complete favor of our having a rally in their park. The park has a web site and you can go there and look at the pictures, and whether you can tell or not, it is pin clean all the time. We host the Saturday Jams every week and are at the campground a lot, but living only 18 miles away, would be available to help in the rally in any way needed. I see in the rally dates, the Great Lakes Rally is suggested for August, but location is TBA. In checking with the camp owners the first two weeks are open for a rally. Anyone interested in these dates and our campground, lets share some ideas, throw around some dates around and get together. Quite a few Good Sam Clubs use our campground for their Rally's, so personnel are used to scheduling and providing for Rally's. Quite a bit of construction and added features has been added since the park pictures, but our faces look the same--lol. Let us know your thoughts, and Happy Trails, Steve and Susie

Alice Springs RV Park and Resort

Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Patti and I would be interested. It would be great to work with the Mid Atlantic on dates and go from one rally to the other.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Sounds great Steve. I would prefer the 1st week of August, but either can be worked out. Hopefully we'll get others interested in coming our way also. Let us know what you come up withk.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
SteveandSusie......when I Googled the park to take a look, I received a warning that it was a potntially harmful site. You may want the owners to check this out, I'm sure others would like to take a look as well.
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Steve & Susie,
Sent you a PM
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:13 AM   #6
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Sounds like an excellent idea! Hopefully by then, the better half will be retired and we can do some of this.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:22 AM   #7
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Good morning. I just googled all the search entrées in the search page for the park and each one came up just fine. Be careful to make sure your typing the the whole name, Alice Springs RV Park and Resort, as there is a lot of Alice Springs information from Austria or someplace that I came up with when not getting the whole campground name in. If you have any more problems let me know, but I think it should pop right up for you. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Alice Springs RV Park and Resort
Old 11-01-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Another idea would be to have it in September. That way you might be able to attract some of us who are going to the tenth anniversary National Rally in Goshen.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
In the past we have successfully held the Great Lakes rally and the Mid-Atlantic rally on back to back weekends with several rigs attending both. I still fondly remember joining the "caravan" that traveled together between the rallies. Can't remember the exact number, but I do remember five or six or more Montana's following each other through the hills of West Virginia. It was an impressive site.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #10
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Thanks for the additional input. I had thought at one time to try for the weekend of the 28th of September, as that is the weekend we are hosting the Mid Michigan Country Music Festival at the campground. However I see that is the Goshen, Indiana weekend. The weekend before could be possible, but I'm thinking a lot of the good musicians would not be there that week, being just before the Festival. However I'm thinking some probably would be there the 1st or 2nd weekend of August as there's enough time between the two gigs. Depending on feedback here, it is early enough that I could change the dates back one week, of the Festival, and have the MOC rally the weekend of the 21st of September, and coincide it with the Music Festival. We have only made one flyer for the Festival so far, so it could be changed. I have never been involved in a Rally like we're talking so would sure like some input as to what you all would like me to provide and work on. I talked to the campground today, and most of the Good Sam Clubs have not scheduled their 2013 dates yet, so we are pretty open. So we could have a caravan from Mid Atlantic to Mid Michigan, then on to Goshen. Its early enough to make and /or change dates and plans, so what ever everyone decides is pretty much open. Am anxious to meet many other MOC'ers. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Old 11-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Steve and Susie, I was able to get into their web site without any problem. It does look like a very nice place and an interesting time no matter when it would be held. I would suggest that the date be picked so that there would be at least 2 days before or, 2 days after the Mid Atlantic region. Looks like they have it set for sometime in the first two weeks of August. No date has been set yet because, they are in fact finding mode. Usually, there are several members who attend that rally along with this one. Heck, it would be easy for Gail and I to attend either one or both because, Alice Springs is about 1 and a half hours from our spot at Twin Mills in Howe, IN. Straight shot up 66 out of Sturgis. We would also be interested in attending the other rally because, Mt. Airy, NC sounds interesting, too. So, feasably this rally could be held the last week of July or first week of August depending on what final date they end up using. Either way, if we were able to attend both rallies, I don't mind bringing up the rear in a caravan no matter which way we would be headed! After all, I'd have the odd-ball unit.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Or if you took a position in the middle of the Caravan and anyone asked, you could simply reply that you were hijacked by a band of wild and crazy MOCers!!
Bingo
Old 11-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Gentle reminder, many folks attending the Goshen National Fall Rally show up in Elkhart County a week or even two ahead of time for repairs, shopping and such. My take, it would be unwise to schedule within several weeks before the Fall National. There may have been some parameters set up for that, how close we can schedule a regional rally to the national ones. But, you know, leaky memory cells. SIGHHHH You could contact an administrator/moderator about that.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
What Carol said, we go to Goshen a few days early if nothing more than to watch the other units try to back in!
I still think the Great Lakes rally should be held the weekend before or after the Mid Atlantic. JMO.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #15
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Wow, everything is sounding great, just wished I knew more about organizing a Rally. I told the campground people to plan about 20 lots front to front across the road so everyone is close by and can be together, they said no problem there, so thats another plus. I am sure everyone will love our campground, it is very neat, clean and well organized. I guess at this point, I need votes for, before the Mid Atlantic, or after the Mid Atlantic. Most of my contacts want to caravan from one to the other, so I think either one is fine with me. I really don't know how many days a Rally is, except I see the Mid Atlantic is 7 days. If that is what everyone wants thats fine, I just need input. Thanks everyone and looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great rally. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Old 11-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The regional rallies are usually three to five days, remember the dates posted include the arrival date and departure date as well so a five day spread is usually 3 1/2 days of rallying. This fits in well when they are on back-to-back weekends as it allows for a couple of travel days in between. Coordinate with Jim Fischer via PM to see if he has selected a date for the Mid-Atlantic rally and then you can plan accordingly. The rallies are easy to organize (actually the campground selection is the hardest part). We have hosted a couple of the Mid-Atlantic rallies in the past so if you need additional guidance, PM or email me or others who have rally experience. Everyone will chip in and help, all the wagonmasters have to do is to establish the schedule and research the local area for attractions, entertainment, food, etc. Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #17
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
We also arrive early for the Goshen National Fall Rally so we can watch everyone back in along with Steve and Patti. It would be nice if it could be set up so we could caravan from one rally to the next.
Also ditto to what Steve and Susie said about the campground...very neat and clean. We would diffidently recommend the campground.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
the 2nd weekend of sept is better for us ,sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #19
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Well Bingo, I recall that did happen on at least 2 occasions! At the National Rally in Minden, NV in 2005 on a site at the end of a row but, there was still MOCer's all around me. Same thing happened in 2006 in Goshen..........come to think of it, even at the Great Lakes rally in Springfield, OH that same year because, I remember Dennis and Sharon being right next to Gail and I. Oh well, I go where ever people want me.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #20
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
We would be interested in attending if it were before the Fall Rally in Goshen. Making two trips to the same area at different times would be out of the question. If you do schedule it just before the Fall Rally, those 20 sites may go quickly.