Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2005, 06:19 AM   #21
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I'm still confused. Do you have the carpet up when looking at the hole? I also don't understand how the hole is there with the slide in and not there with the slide out.
Happy trails....................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:39 AM   #22
thook
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3100
I can't find the hole either. We have looked in daylight, at night with a flashlight and still nothing. I'll keep looking!!
thook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:00 AM   #23
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
I agree with you guys. I can not see anything when my slide is in except for the cracks around the slide edges. Once it has seated to outside with the gaskets, I see nothing. Also, that slide, once closed, rides on top of the main living area floor. I need some advice on where to look. I definitely want to fix any unwanted hole.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 02:53 PM   #24
Gene Chaltry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #735
No, the carpet is not up. When the slide comes in and seats itself there is no carpet there. I wish I had a camera so I could show you. If you can't see daylight along the slide wall then you probably don't have a hole.
Gene Chaltry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 04:20 AM   #25
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
I looked and no hole. Those with holes have to be a factory goof.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:25 AM   #26
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
We just picked up our 3400 from the dealer (winterizing, inspection, adjustments, etc.). Made them aware of this problem and they found it on our unit. The service manager said there is a seal/gasket/molding that runs along/around the underside of the table/sofa slider. It was missing on our unit. There was no problem seeing the gap and the light shining thru when you knew to look for it. My strong suspicion is that if you look and cannot see the light, the seal/gasket/molding is not missing from your unit.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:11 PM   #27
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Good Evening,

We picked up our 06 3400RL just this past Saturday afternoon. We were unable to find any holes.

We took about 3 hours to go over the entire unit before accepting it. Thus far we found 4 problems: 2 drawers that we thought probably would rattle open as we traveled, 1 18" floor molding that was loose, and the bedroom slide lacked about 3/4" from fully extending out - the rubber seals were thus not fully sealing - this still needs to be adjusted.

Over all, both my wife and I felt that the fit, finish, contruction, workmanship etc. were very good indeed. Thus far, we are quite happy. We will know more after taking our shakedown cruise.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 12:33 PM   #28
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Rick
Glad to hear you had a fairly good PDI. And thanks for letting us know you are "quite happy". Hope your shakedown cruise goes really good.
Happy trails...............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 03:10 PM   #29
Navigator
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1894
I finally found the "hole".

When the dining table/sofa slide is all the way in, and from the inside looking under the slide along the wall, I can see daylight along the entire length of the slide. Yikes!! I can't fit my hand into the "hole" but it definitely would let water inside if we were traveling in the rain!! Now I know why it gets so dusty inside.... it's like traveling with a window open.

Our warranty expired the end of July but I'm going to give Keystone a call tomorrow to see if they will pay to have the dealer install the missing gasket.

Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote