Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
Model 3295

We are considering a 3295 model. What are your experiences with this model??? Pros & cons--thanks--mikey & ronnilu

ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We have a 3295 ..... 2002 year. We got it because of the great counter space along with tons of storage space. Also the opposing slides in the kitchen / dining area opens up a huge space. We use plastic kitchen ware so not a lot of breakage but it is something you have to take in account. The rear of a rig does bounce a bit more than the mid portion. But you learn to pack and stack and all kinds of little tricks to make things work. No biggie once you've gotten used to things.

It is a relatively popular model. The thing to do is to keep looking until you find the one that fits all or most all of your requirements. It is all a matter of personal choice. Get what works for you. Or what works for HER! If she's happy then you're probably going to be happy.

Good luck,

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:44 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We have friends with that models and find it very appealing and useful. I'm sure several will be along to share their living experiences in a 3295. It's a nice layout and the storage is awesome. Welcome to the forum.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:49 AM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Our decision for a new trailer was between a 2955 and a 3295. The 3295 won out because of the extra space allowed with the opposing slides out. As HamRad says there are tons of storage space, more than we can fill up. The only down side I know of is when stopping on the road the kitchen and table areas are not accessible with the slides in. The one we have also has a king size bed.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:19 AM   #5
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
We have the 3295 2004 year. We are real happy with it. We like the kitchen space and computer desk. We have not had any trouble with breakage in the rear. You can't go wrong with any Montana.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #6
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
We have had our 3295 for almost 3 years and have been very happy with it. One reason we chose this model was because of the computer desk being away from the TV. All the other models have the TV next to the computer desk or have no desk at all. The only thing that I would prefer to have,is more space where the lounge chair is located but you can't with this arrangement. Also when the slides are in you have to climb over the lounge chair to get to the bathroom.
5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:24 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Our final choices were between the 3295 and the 3670.The most positive feature of the 3295 was the island kitchen and the increased counter space (we think more than any other model) strangely enough the most negative feature of the 3295 was the Island kitchen.Helen decided it was to difficult to work behind so we went with the 3670Rl because of it's wide open design. Also browse through all the topics in this forum..it's all here ,the good and the not so good..Check out all the models and choose the one that best suits your lifestyle..you can't go wrong in any choice.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:21 AM   #8
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
If you look at the new models they have done away with the curio cabinet in the corner and I think there is more room for the chair. I took the tour this fall with the rally but I didn't see one that was completed. Also as far as I'm concerned you need to listen to what the folks that own one have to say and not someone who looked at it and choose some other model. We like the fact that the desk is away from the living part. Yes we have a lot of counter space and we have no problem with working at the counters.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #9
Montana_4221
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4221
We have the 2006 3295RK. When we were looking we first looked at a 29rkt Alumascape and loved the rear kitchen because of counterspace and cabinets. The 3295 was sitting next to it and my wife fell in love with that model. Our search was pretty much over at that point. We have the king size bed option and like it very well. With that option the basement door under the slideout opens to the side and that is nice. I am a big guy and have no problems getting around in the kitchen. I haven't had problems to speak of with dishes breaking. Like Ron said the curio cabinet is gone in our model and I like that better. Our unit is two feet longer than what the spec sheets said when we ordered it in 2005, but that has been no problem either. The only thing I would change if I had to do it over is insist on the Comfort Control Center rather than the remote T/stat. Overall we are very pleased. I think you will be happy with whatever you choose in the Montana line
Good Luck
Montana_4221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:59 AM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Ronni
The 3295 was the unit that we had coveted since we first saw the Montanas - 4 or more years ago. We still like it but when we bought our unit the dealer had an 04 3295 and a 05 3400. Right up until the final signing we were undecided. Finally went with the 3400 because it was an 05 and not green. I was tired of green. I'm sure you will like the 3295. A lot of our members have them and have done some neat revisions.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:24 PM   #11
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
We bought a used 2003 3295, primarily for the wonderful price at which it was being offered, but it took Marsha absolutely NO time to fall in love with the cabinet space--it is beyond words. When the slides are open, the wide open space of the living/dining room and kitchen is impressive.

The only drawback, now that I have grown accustomed to its length, is that when the slides are in, it is next to impossible to reach the back part of the unit, unless you have an eight year old who can crawl over the center island! Still, even John can only reach so much due to the way the slides block some of the cabinetry.

I also think the space in the older models is slightly better than the newer ones due to the reworking of the curio cabinet and the closet space just as you walk in the unit in the older models. I think models similar to ours just have more usable storage space, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That said, I just do not see how you can go wrong with the 3295!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:32 AM   #12
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
We have the 3295 and are happy with it. We replaced the hide-a-bed with a leather loveseat and moved the table to the "curio" area where the recliner was. The recliner then went to where the table was. For us, these moves made for better space. Others have done similar but also replaced the table with a round drop leaf to give yet more room.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:23 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We are fulltiming in a 2003 3295RK we ordered new, taking delivery in July, 2002. We are still convinced this is the best model for our wants and needs. Here are the things that sold us:
1) lots of storage space, inside and out.
2) lots of kitchen counter space and storage. We have had people tell us we have more kitchen counter than they do in their stick home.
3) "homey", small apartment feel. Nice when we live in it all the time.
4) TV easily visible from all seating positions without craning the neck or straining the eyes.
5) Highest (at the time anyhow) cargo carrying capacity of any model (not sure if others have more now or not)
6) We can get to the fridge, bathroom, and enough cabinets to stop for lunch, nature calls, etc., without need to extend a slide.

I'm probably missing some things. It would be difficult to make a bad choice no matter what the Montana model. But each of us has personal preferences to which a particular model speaks more than others.

The curio cabinet is gone in the new models. We store a lot of things in that cabinet but there's probably other storage locations now. The washer/dryer compartment has moved to the front entry area. Ours has an entry closet and cabinets there and our w/d are in a room next to the water closet.

Overall I think it's an excellent choice but not necessarily better than others. Depends on your needs and likes.

J.D., with the table/recliner swap we can get to the back of the rig with slides in (living side, not kitchen side). We can get to one kitchen drawer and one kitchen cabinet plus the cabinets over the peninsula and under the peninsula. Or you can leave the table in the original location and turn it 90 degrees.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:30 PM   #14
alanzuck
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #871
We have the 3295 and absolutely love it! We originally contracted for a different model (I don't remember which one), but when we were at the RV dealership (Hart City, in Elkhart, IN) we saw the 3295 and instantly fell in love with it. It is very roomy, easy to handle, lots of storage space, and very, very comfortable. Good luck, I don't think you can go wrong with any Montana model.
alanzuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 01:22 PM   #15
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Steve, When I wrote my comment, I figured you could probably make it to the back with your chair/table swap. Marsha and I just haven't made that move, though it would most likely prove helpful with opening and closing the large shades there. I suppose we are creatures of habit...
Old 11-07-2005, 01:23 PM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
J.D., the only correct time to implement a solution is when you perceive a problem. If you are comfortable with your setup, why change it?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:31 AM   #17
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Very well said, Steve!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:39 PM   #18
houseof many dogs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #854
We have a 2004 3295 and we had an issue with the rocker/recliner, it intruded on the living area when I extended it as a lounger. We also had to crawl over it when traveling.
SO - we removed the dining table and bought a folding table from Camping World. Moved the recliner next to the sofa. Now we have lots of room and can access the bedroom area easily when travelling.
(I can even get at the pump switch with the slides in now)

I also removed the sliding doors from the bedroom area to gain an extra 4 or so inches of space on "my side" of the bed.

Our next plans are to build a backsplash for the island sink and devise a folding counter extension as a substitute for the dining table.

We have made three round trips out west with the unit and only broke a couple of dishes when we were on I-90 in Minnesota between Austin,MN and LaCrosse,WI. The roughest Interstate in the US!

Still love the unit!
houseof many dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:11 PM   #19
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
Many thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry about the 3925RK. We have ordered one, due in part to your input. Thanks again--we will let you know when we receive it--we're excited!!
ronnilu
ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:11 AM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mike & Ronni, the newer 3295RK has the water pump switch where it is accessible with slides in. The older ones, like ours and John & Betsy's did not.

John & Betsy, before we did the table/chair location swap I mounted a switch for the water pump on the frame just inside the door for the water pump compartment. That made access much easier. I got the 12v fulltime hot off the furnace wiring, which is immediately below the water pump compartment. But maybe you're fine now with accessing the pump switch.