Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2005, 02:17 PM   #1
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Toronto to Tampa

Leaving Turning Stone Verona NY Friday for Lake in the Woods at Bowmansville PA for next leg of trip down. Delayed our departure from here by one day due to high winds and rain - no desire for bad weather through the Poconos!

We wanted to stay at Old MillStream Lancaster but nothing available. Intent is to go to the Renaissance Faire over the weekend. We have the last spot reserved at Appomotix (?) Virginia for the Columbus Day weekend then we run down to Hilton Head for a week or so before moving on down to Orlando for a couple of days and Tampa where the fiver will stay for the winter at Bay Bayou.

Unfortunately for part of the winter the fiver will be in Tampa without us. We have some business mattters to attend to in the cold of Canada!

DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:28 PM   #2
montanared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3903
I am headed to Orlando myself a week from Tomorrow. I'll be at Tropical Palms RV in Kissimmee from the 8th through the 14th of October. I'll be headed to Tampa in November (13th - 18th). Not sure where Bay Bayou is, but would like to meet other MOC folks on the road.
montanared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:16 AM   #3
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Have a safe trip Diane and Colin. We will be heading out for RGV on Nov. 8. Ann is flying home for 10 days in Jan. for a break from me and Mark. Have a good winter.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:55 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Lake in the Woods at Bowmansville PA is practically in my old back yard. You'll only be about 1/2 hour from Reading which is where Lorraine and I were born and raised and spent our first 50 years. If you are into Penna Dutch Foods and a great buffet you have to go to Shady Maple. Ask at the campgrounds for directions

And Bay Bayou is just 15 minutes up the road from Clearwater where we will be spending the winter. Sph77 were at Bay Bayou last winter and we did get to see them.

Montanared Bay Bayou is just off Memorial Blvd. A bit northwest of Tampa near Oldsmar.

By November we will also be in our winter site and hopefully we can all get together.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:24 PM   #5
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Glenn, this part of PA is God's Country for sure. The farms are clearly well managed and prosperous. We have had a great time. Shady Maple for shopping but we did smorgasborg in Stroudsville as recommended by (Genuine) Amish lady who took us out for a ride in the REAL buggy (in the Bird in Hand area)- NOT the tourist thing that catches the tourists!

Next stop - Stauntan VA for a week.

WIll keep in touch through MOC on future plans.

BILL & ANN: safe journeys to you too. We were thinking of heading Texas way this year but Katrina changed our mind!
Old 10-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #6
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Safely arrived in Tampa at Bay Bayou today. Hunkered down at the KOA in Orlando for Hurricane Wilma and to be honest it was less of an event there than Tropical Storm Arlene was in Key West earlier this year. A lot less noisy!

Several Montana's here but no chance yet to tell about the club.

Hope all came through Wilma without damage.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:35 AM   #7
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Diane and Colin: Keep in touch. Enjoy the warm while you can. Safe travels home and back.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:41 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hi Diana and Colin. Good to see you back on here and to hear you had an enjoyable and safe journey. If you get tired of Florida, come on over to south Texas! Well, we won't be there until January but I'm already dreading the cold of Kansas City in November and December.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote