Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
JimCin
Established Member

M.O.C. #1755
Wrong tank hook-up

Our Grey water tank is non functional. Seems the folks at Keystone hooked up the shower and bathroom sink to the black water tank. What a surprize!!
We were using slow drip on the bedroom sink fawcett to try and control line freeze-up and backed up our toilet twice until we finally checked and found the sink water plus shower water was going directly to our black tank.
We are on our Virgin Voyage in our 3400 RL. In the second month on Vancouver Island. At about six below Celcius the lines to the front end freeze (shower,toilet and bedroom sink). We are currently handling the problem with and electric heater placed where the laundry basket was. So much for the Arctic Package. Other than that plus a few more introductory issues like remote thermostat our 12 degrees and having to obtain a new hideabed mattress we are of the opinion that with a little bit of further care,Keystone and our dealer could have made our first trip a lot more enjoyable. Forgot to mention our converter needed replacing the first week. Never did work. Found out it was placed behind the main breakers. Not easy to get at.
On top of it all the 3400 is a great unit. With some extra care and attention from Keystone and our dealer our experience and the unit itself would have been first class !!

JimCin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
Montana_2872
Established Member

M.O.C. #2872
It seems everyone needs a new hide-a-bed mattress... Why did yours have to be replaced ?
Montana_2872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
JimCin, you might want to check those lines again. I recently after about a year discovered that my sink is plumbed into the black tank but I dont believe the shower is. I only discovered this when the sink would not drain and then I noticed the black tank was full. Maybe all the 3400's are like this.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
I am 99% sure my sister's 3400RL is not like that. It doesn't seem or sound right to me. I'd call Customer Service at the factory and inquire about it.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #5
JimCin
Established Member

M.O.C. #1755
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Williams

It seems everyone needs a new hide-a-bed mattress... Why did yours have to be replaced ?
The matress on the hideabed is a very low quality camper style. You feel the bars on the bed through the mattress.
Very uncomfortable. Our new one is much better. Took our old one to the salvation army.
JimCin is offline   Reply With Quote