Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2018, 09:56 PM   #21
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
About Hells Canyon. It was fun and we took the (?)jet boat trip. However, the only close campgrounds are run by the State power company or such. Nice parks but very tight/short spaces. I stayed in one that had the largest sites, I think and still had to run over the rails along the street as I couldn't make the turn otherwise. Although there was one pull thru that might have worked for me.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:52 PM   #22
AKenMac

M.O.C. #19114
As a former resident of St. George, Utah, let me add that you might want to plan a couple of days in the St. George area. From there you can access ZION, BRYCE, CEDAR BREAKS, (also a BEAUTIFUL canyon in the corner of AZ, UT, NV right on I15) a State Park on the edge of St George (getting old -Red Rock ????) , & St George’s outdoor amphitheatre - hopefully they will have a play going on at the time you’re there. I concur with the recommendations above - Utah is a VERY beautiful state - but it has state tax, Nevada does not!!!
AKenMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:28 AM   #23
Randy&Pete

M.O.C. #22905
The Morman Temple

U have too see it to believe it. Gorgeous grounds and multiple buildings in the center of Salt Lake. If u are not Morman u will be greeted by young converts from around the world. I personally, after discussions and visiting the welcome centers believe they are essentially a cult...u can check and attend a choir rehearsal ,,,
Randy&Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:08 AM   #24
margerush
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20713
Lots of very good suggestions. Last May we spent a week at Spanish Trail RV park in Moab. We made reservations last year. We're "flat landers" from Florida so we reserved 3 Polaris RZR 4 wheelers & a tour guide with Moab Tour Co. & road the rocks, it was awesome. Wish I could post one of my photos
margerush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:53 PM   #25
fastf350ps

M.O.C. #22921
Valley of the Gods, Utah, is between the towns of Mexican Hat and Bluff!
fastf350ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:03 PM   #26
mhutchi
Established Member

M.O.C. #20888
don't know if you have finalized your plans yet but here are a couple of stops that I'd recommend. Plan to visit temple square in downtown salt lake city. You can in all kinds of local places while in downtown make reservations to eat dinner at the Beehive house next to temple square. If you want a great hike, you can hike mount timpanogos, you can get train info from local forest service.
mhutchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #27
mjammersc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17609
I’ve been to Craters of the Moon in Idaho and it’s a really unusual place. Also, if you are out that way and have an interest, look intk EBR-1 on the Idaho Natonal Alan facility, it’s a small museum of the worlds first nuclear reactor.

mjammersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:56 AM   #28
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Utah and Idaho have so many great places to visit--we go back virtually every summer and still find new places especially National Monuments such as Colorado NM for this year. Recommend you check out the Indian ruins in these states--a little pre trip study will pay great dividends. Check out Blue Spruce RV park near Durango, CO if that is in your travel plans--one of our favorites.
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:56 AM   #29
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy56 View Post
You should try hells canyon in Idaho great fishing and scenic they have a great boat ride on the snake river
I was just going to add this too. However, the power company has about 3 or 4 rv parks along the river. Unfortunately they are rather short. One CG with full hookups (I think) had only 1 or 2 pull thrus that would now accomdate us at 38 feet. Back when we stayed, we were 34 feet and had to drive over the wooden dividers that marked boundaries when we left.
However, the boat trip is well worth the time and money.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote