Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
CPAP Question

ok guys and gals I need some advise, I have a 2018 3920, in my 3920 I have 2 deep cycle batteries from CW. I was looking at a portable battery unit for my cpap but that is turning out to be more a chore then what its worth.

Im looking at when I travel sometimes I spend the night at rest stops and instead of firing up the generator/inverter to run my cpap at night I wanted to get a battery but my CPAP requires 6.67 amp at 12 v DC. The portable battery units only supply 5 amps.

so questions is would the rig be able to power the CPAP through the night using the 12v DC connector behind the TV without totally draining the batteries or ruining them? Would the batteries charge during the day while I drive hooked up to my truck and I'm sure they would charge when im plunged into shore power.

Thanks !!

Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:14 AM   #2
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
My wife uses a CPAP and we have 2 - 6 volt golf cart batteries and she uses a 12 volt inverter that is plugged in to the 12 volt TV plug. By using this process her CPAP machine worked through the night with no problems. In the morning we topped up the batteries with our Honda generator (when required).

Hope this helps.
dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #3
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Do the batteries charge when I’m hooked up and driving..?
Old 11-16-2018, 12:19 PM   #4
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
My truck does, but I don’t know about your truck. Check with a mechanic and
He can tell you.
dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:24 PM   #5
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
I would assume mine would too.. 2015 Chevy Diesel ltz 4x4 long bed
Old 11-16-2018, 02:48 PM   #6
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2Die View Post
ok guys and gals I need some advise, I have a 2018 3920, in my 3920 I have 2 deep cycle batteries from CW. I was looking at a portable battery unit for my cpap but that is turning out to be more a chore then what its worth.

Im looking at when I travel sometimes I spend the night at rest stops and instead of firing up the generator/inverter to run my cpap at night I wanted to get a battery but my CPAP requires 6.67 amp at 12 v DC. The portable battery units only supply 5 amps.

so questions is would the rig be able to power the CPAP through the night using the 12v DC connector behind the TV without totally draining the batteries or ruining them? Would the batteries charge during the day while I drive hooked up to my truck and I'm sure they would charge when im plunged into shore power.

Thanks !!

I have a CPAP issued to me thru the VA. At a recent appointment I was given a newer machine. I asked about getting one that could operate off of a battery pack. They contacted the manufacturer (ResMed). A short while later I received a new battery pack. It is good for up to 13 hours and then recharge. Not sure what it cost. Free for me.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #7
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
The VA gave me mine too, but I have the Phillips dream station. only had the machine about 1 year so still pretty new I think. Might just plug into the DC outlet behind the TV and see what happens...