Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Splendide vented combo . We are long timers and have been using it since 2006.Full timers and long timers have to manage their space carefully. They do small loads.The complete cycle is 70 to 90 minutes but we are in no hurry and it is not like you are beating them with a rock down at the creek , Load clothing, detergent, spin a knob push a button and your chores are done. We have had one problem since 2006 and that was last winter here in Florida.We do maybe 3 or 4 small loads a week. They are not be be compared with a large home washer and dryer but this is a RV and they do the job for us.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:12 PM   #22
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia Young View Post
Might I suggest you consider the Whirlpool stackables? They fit in the same space, but I don’t think they take as long to cycle. They have larger tubs so hold more than the Splendide and the dryer seems to dry faster. I don’t think I’ve run a dryer cycle longer than 60 minutes.
Had a tech tell me specifically to stay away from the Whirlpool due to parts Unavailability. He was NOT selling me anything.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:48 PM   #23
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&C View Post
We have been full time for 1 1/2 years, vented stackable splendide installed at dealer . Best purchase ever made , did lots of research before we pulled the trigger. 3920fb we have plenty of storage so stackable was the way to go.
I have the same unit, getting them installed when I bring my 3920 in for warranty work ! excited ! Thought about going with Home Depot "Deco" brand but while negotioning with the manager he gave me a really good price for the units and install !
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:23 AM   #24
joyce.stevens
Established Member

M.O.C. #20045
Washer & Dryer

I'm blessed to have a 2015 Montana 3720 and mine is in the hall. It was on my must have list and I'm so glad I have it. I didn't lose closet space, have a hallway going to the bedroom. Mine was already built in.
The dryer does take a little longer than a normal dryer. You can't do big loads but it is easy to adjust to.
joyce.stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:27 AM   #25
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maury View Post
Many, many years ago my wife wanted a dishwasher instead of a w/d and we have been happy with that decision. Most of the RV parks have laundry facilities and with multiple units, laundry day lasts just a couple of hours. To be honest, I also never really enjoyed doing or wiping dishes. Most RV'ers go with the laundry set-up but just wanted to suggest another use of that space. Regardless, wishing you safe and enjoyable years.
Thanks for the suggestion.

The space for the unit is in rear bedroom which would not be good location for dishwasher——-except for resting after work lol 😂. It would be nice to have the machine version in kitchen but there is very limited cabinet space. Not sure the boss lady would go for that
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:43 AM   #26
Goose
Established Member

M.O.C. #20575
We bought an Electrolux 24-inch washer and a GE 110v 24-inch dryer. We bought the Electrolux washer because it has a 1400 RPM spin cycle that removes more water from the clothes and therefore less time to dry. 110v dryers do not dry near as fast as the 220v dryers in the S&B. The GE dryer has a larger drum than most 24-inch dryers. We have been happy with both so far (Almost two years ).

Goose
PullRite SuperGlide 24K
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:24 AM   #27
Maury
Established Member

M.O.C. #11300
Our dishwasher is in the bedroom. Above it is a shelf holding lots of towels and there is a drawer beneath it.
Maury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #28
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
Odd place for a dishwasher.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:45 AM   #29
northern lights
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18757
Send a message via AIM to northern lights
We used the space for a small freezer. On it's own circuit and works out nicely for our F/T.
northern lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:51 AM   #30
Maury
Established Member

M.O.C. #11300
No argument there! I've seen newer RV's with faucets, drains and electric hookups in a kitchen space which, to me, would be more ideal for clothes washers as well as a place to get the dishes done. But - both our purchases in 2007 and 2011 had that space in the bedroom and so that's what we worked with. With (mostly) just the two of us, not a major problem putting dirty dishes into a small plastic container and carrying that to bedroom. And retrieving same the next morning. Probably no more inconvenient than storing dirty laundry and carrying it to a bedroom washer? From what we have seen, most RV'ers opt either for no appliances or for washer/dryers. I wonder, though, if anyone has even considered a dishwasher? In terms of worthiness, we have had our wee Kenmore since 2007 and it has been trouble free (hope I am not jinxing this record).
Maury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #31
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maury View Post
No argument there! I've seen newer RV's with faucets, drains and electric hookups in a kitchen space which, to me, would be more ideal for clothes washers as well as a place to get the dishes done. But - both our purchases in 2007 and 2011 had that space in the bedroom and so that's what we worked with. With (mostly) just the two of us, not a major problem putting dirty dishes into a small plastic container and carrying that to bedroom. And retrieving same the next morning. Probably no more inconvenient than storing dirty laundry and carrying it to a bedroom washer? From what we have seen, most RV'ers opt either for no appliances or for washer/dryers. I wonder, though, if anyone has even considered a dishwasher? In terms of worthiness, we have had our wee Kenmore since 2007 and it has been trouble free (hope I am not jinxing this record).
Keeping the separate washer/dryer. Not carrying clothes to the W/D as the built in hamper is in the bedroom. Dishwasher ~~ too few dishes to wash to waste the space. We use paper when it makes sense and eat lunch or dinner out most days.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:51 PM   #32
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
We've had both. Combo takes to long. When drying, 120 volts take longer than your 220 at home but still vented dryer works pretty good. With stackable it's nice to be able to wash and dry at the same time. If you have room then the stackable is much better though nothing compares with residential style washers and dryers. I've seen to many rv laundry mats that are filthy.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:08 PM   #33
TennTom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22087
Jim, seeing that we have the same rig and I have the Splendide Stackable I'll say a few things. First, it is a very tight fit and you are correct having someone else monkey in that washer. With the washer installed the bottom front panel will not fit, I keep mine out in the shed. The dryer is a tight fit and while bouncing down the road it will open the cabinet doors. I was thinking of making some sort of bracket system to hold it back off the door. What I have done temperately is to place some rolled wash cloths between the dryer and the lip of the shelf. I'm thinking maybe a 1x1 will work better. Loosing that much space was not that inconvenient and we wouldn't have it any other way. Definitely check the connections before they slide the dryer in. Ours was good but in some shops, you just don't know.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:43 AM   #34
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennTom View Post
Jim, seeing that we have the same rig and I have the Splendide Stackable I'll say a few things. First, it is a very tight fit and you are correct having someone else monkey in that washer. With the washer installed the bottom front panel will not fit, I keep mine out in the shed. The dryer is a tight fit and while bouncing down the road it will open the cabinet doors. I was thinking of making some sort of bracket system to hold it back off the door. What I have done temperately is to place some rolled wash cloths between the dryer and the lip of the shelf. I'm thinking maybe a 1x1 will work better. Loosing that much space was not that inconvenient and we wouldn't have it any other way. Definitely check the connections before they slide the dryer in. Ours was good but in some shops, you just don't know.
Mine was a real bear as the units go in facing each other, not into the bedroom. All was great UNIL my wife realized the hot was connected to cold and cold to hot. A (no too) simple pull it out a little and change hoses to proper valves.