Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #21
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Mr. CLean Magic Eraser really cleans, but, I personally would be a tad reluctant to use on the high gloss of our rigs.

I have no idea what is in that thing, and it does do some remarkable cleaning, but when cleaning some wallpaper recently, I found a spot that looked like blood, goodness only knows WHAT it really was. It would not budge with a damp or wet rag, so, I got out Mr. Clean. I did get off that mark, but it also took off the surface of the wallpaper. Luckily, I was rubbing a very small spot, and had an inkling that it might damage the surface, so was going VERY carefully.

Maybe it is some kind of rubbing compound???

Anyway, I have found for shiny surfaces around the house, it will clean, but it also dulls the surface.

Just my experience and my 2 cents worth!

Carol

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:16 PM   #22
Montana_1190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1190
Hi Steve, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is an all purpose sponge like thing that cleans like, well, "magic"! It disappears as you use it. I have found tons of uses for it...my SIL even cleans his white tennis shoes with it. I've never tried it on wallpaper like Carol but it takes spots off of the painted walls, etc. I'll have to ask my husband if he noticed it taking the shine off of the front cap; wouldn't want that. They do make them for cars so I guess you should try it in an inconspicuous spot and decide for yourself. Even if you decide not to use it on the RV, give them a try on other stuff. I love this product!
Montana_1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 06:22 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, MeinMO. Carol, you too. I wouldn't want to dull the high gloss finish of the sides or the end caps. But, the nose cap on ours is already somewhat dulled from some super duper bug stuff I used once. So now I need to do some compounding to get the shine back. Wax alone doesn't do it. Sigh.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:44 AM   #24
azstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #740
Steve,

Boy do I know what your talking about. I too used some super duper bug stuff on my front cap. Made a mess of the front cap. I tried to clean and wax it and forget it, it just wouldn't come back.

Fortunately (?) I had a couple of spider cracks in the front cap. My dealer got paint over spray all over the cap while doing the crack repair. The more they tried buffing to clean it up the worse the condition got. I even tried to work on it myself using rubbing compound by hand. That took off the over spray and the clear coat that looked so bad. The problem with that was, It took me about 1 hour a sq. ft. That 1 sq. ft. sure looked good, but the other 70 or so sq. ft. was more that I was ready for.

My Dealer called Keystone and told them about the overspray problem caused by the spider crack repair. Keystone steped up and agreed to pay for a complete strip and paint and new graphics at a local RV collision shop. My Dealer did the paint prep and the Graphics the collision shops paint job cost $800. Normally they charge $1200 but had agreed to $800. The total job must have cost Keystone $2000+ with the crack repair and everything else.

I satisfied with the new paint job and will do my best at keeping it looking good. NO MORE SUPER DUPER BUG REMOVER for me. Just plenty of wax and mild soap.

By the way I got that "super duper" stuff at wally's. Beware

Wish you well with yours,

azstar is offline   Reply With Quote