Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2004, 07:58 AM   #1
Montana_2342
Established Member

M.O.C. #2342
Thanks to all memebers of this forum

Thanks to all the members of this forum who helped me and my family make the decision to buy a new Montana. We bought a Spinter TT a year ago and after a tour with the Army in Hawaii via Bosnia we needed to reconnect with America. We visited 17 states in 12 months and realized how much we as family enjoyed “camping” it is not exactly roughing it (being a kid from the sticks) but the wife grew up in the big city so its camping to the “Princess”. However, by spending that much time in out trailer we built a list of things we wanted in our next trailer. The Montys offered all that we were looking for but they are pricey for a soldiers buck – so I did exhaustive research. One thing I found out TT and 5ers are being built with no over sight and the other is like many things in life it is what you make it.

What really cinched the deal for us was this group and the knowing that if we had a problem that there are many owners out there who we can both commiserate with and get advice and feedback from. So thanks to everyone- we picked up an ’05 3255 last week and are thrilled about it (now if I can ever get an hour to sit down and figure out the remote controlled A/C) I hope to run into some of y’all as we get out and see more of this great country or ours (and you guys in Canada too eh!)

MB3

Melinda (the princess)
Barney (the soldier)
Bear (the kiddo)
Bud (the dog)

Montana_2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:20 AM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Welcome MB3 to the MOC and congratulations on your new Montana. We are so glad to have you here and if you have any questions just ask.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:30 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new 3255! That's a beautiful model. Keep an eye open on this forum for get togethers or rallies. We're just starting to see some development of regional "subchapters" who plan to have some get togethers. Sounds like you might enjoy them. We're waiting on word about next year's rally. It looks like it will be in or near Reno, NV, in September, but we haven't heard official word yet. This year's rally was in Indiana. We had almost 70 rigs there and had a terrific time. Keep us posted on your adventures with your Montana.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:50 AM   #4
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Welcome aboard MB3! Congrats on the brand spankin' new Monty - the 3255 is a nice unit. Many happy trails to you .....
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:30 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome to the MOC MB3,
That 3255 is one really nice rig, but than again aren't all Montanas really nice rigs.
Your choice of a Montana and the MOC as a support group just shows the kind of men our Army is building.
Keep us posted on your RVing adventures.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #6
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MB3

Thanks to all the members of this forum who helped me and my family make the decision to buy a new Montana. We bought a Spinter TT a year ago and after a tour with the Army in Hawaii via Bosnia we needed to reconnect with America. We visited 17 states in 12 months and realized how much we as family enjoyed “camping” it is not exactly roughing it (being a kid from the sticks) but the wife grew up in the big city so its camping to the “Princess”. However, by spending that much time in out trailer we built a list of things we wanted in our next trailer. The Montys offered all that we were looking for but they are pricey for a soldiers buck – so I did exhaustive research. One thing I found out TT and 5ers are being built with no over sight and the other is like many things in life it is what you make it.

What really cinched the deal for us was this group and the knowing that if we had a problem that there are many owners out there who we can both commiserate with and get advice and feedback from. So thanks to everyone- we picked up an ’05 3255 last week and are thrilled about it (now if I can ever get an hour to sit down and figure out the remote controlled A/C) I hope to run into some of y’all as we get out and see more of this great country or ours (and you guys in Canada too eh!)

MB3

Melinda (the princess)
Barney (the soldier)
Bear (the kiddo)
Bud (the dog)
MB3 we welcome you with open arms. Really nice rig you got and hope all your travels are happy ones. Happy RVing!

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 01:54 PM   #7
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Congratulations on the new rig! You're right about the forum being a great support group...jump in and enjoy the exchanges!!!
contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 02:11 PM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
MB3 -

Congrats on the new 5er. I am sure you will be very happy with your Montana, we sure are. But as with anything, there is always a few "quirks" to work out. You just happened to mention mine.

We had some issues with our remote controlled climate system. We have a new remote that just came in but won't be able to try it until next spring. We had to set the temp at 80 for it to hit the right temp without turning off. If we set it at 72, it would shut off at 62 deg with the heat. And when we had the A/C set at 72, it would keep running (evidently trying to get down to 62 deg). And the folks at Keystone hadn't had much/any experience with the system yet and the folks at Dometic were not any help. Our dealer replaced the sensor unit on the wall and no difference. So it must be the remote.

Let me know if you run into any issues with yours.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 02:41 PM   #9
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
Hi MB3, welcome to the forum. I am a short timer here also. I just bought a used Montana. Thanks to the kind and knowledgeable folks on this forum I have had to a lot of help learning about Monty's.

We hope to do a lot of traveling soon and I sure hope we run across each other out there in this great land. I will sure heft a beer with you if we do see each other on the road.

Again, there are some great RVers here, all willing to offer help and suggestions on our Monty's
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 03:18 PM   #10
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I am confident that time will demonstrate that we did not lead you astray in your choice of manufactures. They can't promise perfection but they do try to make corrections. Welcome aboard and keep on posting.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:33 PM   #11
Montana_2194
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2194
[quote]Originally posted by MB3

Thanks to all the members of this forum who helped me and my family make the decision to buy a new Montana.

and see more of this great country or ours (and you guys in Canada too eh!)

MB3

Melinda (the princess)
Barney (the soldier)
Bear (the kiddo)
Bud (the dog)

Barney and Melinda,

Being Canadian, EH!, we bought a 3255 year 2000 Montana from another of our "eh!" type about 400 miles west of us. We haven't gone anywhere yet, just paid for it and are looking forward to visiting the US in March-April with our four ***** cats (who have travelled no more than 50 feet since birth, except for Pourquoi, our youngest, who clearly wants to be 1000 miles away. We're driving a Ford 350 PSD Crew Cab with a Lariat interior and all the doo-dads, which we also bought second hand (my wife's name should be Rose).

We're delighted with our unit, and saved a lot of money on it. It has virtually no use, and lots of extras. Our decision to buy was not unlike yours. We wanted quality, and not to pay beyond our comfort level.

This web page was the biggest influence on our purchase, plus the seller was and is the finest man I've ever met. -- A happy experience. Look forward to bumping into you one day soon.

Jhadley and Penny aka Rose -- (and Zeus, Chloe, Raisin, and Pourquoi).
Montana_2194 is offline   Reply With Quote