Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2004, 11:42 AM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Called keystone-update on crack problem

Well fellow MOC friends.I called Keystone today,talked to a guy in customer service named Bill(can`t remenber his last name)very nice and compassionate man.Told him the whole story.I`am guessing every thing at Keystone is on a PC .He pulled up my name and had records of all my calls to Keystone as far back even before I bought the Montana.

The real interesting thing is that my dealer has never called Keystone about the work that needed done.Keystone from what Bill told me has the work order from my dealer but Keystone will NOT reimberse my dealer for the work that they did because they should have called Keystone to get the premission to do the work.Bill said for the work to be done on the bed room slide crack-Keystone sends out detailed instrutions and materials to repair the crack problem.

and as far as the replacing the wook plank flooring its the same thing.The dealer has to have permission FIRST form Keystone before the work can be done.

Looks like my dealer will be losing out on some warrenty money from Keystone.i`am really crying over this-NOT!!!!

Now the good news and really not that bad news.Keystone is going to have me bring it to another dealer.This dealer is in Delaware and I`am in Philadelphia.around a 100 mile trip.I can live with that.

Called the dealer in Delaware-he said that they would be more then happy to do the warrenty repair.I told him where I had bought my Montana and had the repair done.Silence came over the phone.He knows of my dealer and would not commment on them at all.That told me something.

He also was upfront and honest with me.He told me that his dealership had a banner year last year with regards to selling units.And that they cater to their customers that buy from them first.Which I understand.And if I do bring my Montana to Delaware for the warrenty work it would be at least 8 to 9 weeks before they could get to do the work.

Sorry for the long post.But thats my story.So its looks like another 2 monthes.That will bring it to the new year.Hopfully 2005 will be my year.

i just wanted to say thank you guys and gals for your words of encouragement.I have NOT met one of you guys and gals yet but I feel like you all are my extended family.And if I can make the next ralley be prepared for a thank you hug fom me and my wife.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:11 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
That is wonderful Harleyrider, Keystone has stepped up one more time. I know it will be a little while till you get it done but then next summer look out here comes hareleyrider and mrs.harleyrider to the campgrounds. Please keep us posted on the progress.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 02:52 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Glad to hear your good news. Hang in there, everything always works out for the best.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by harleyrider

Called the dealer in Delaware-he said that they would be more then happy to do the warrenty repair.
Good For You!!! You Go!!!!! I always say, things happen for a reason. And you found a new dealer willing and waiting to accomodate you.
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 03:09 PM   #5
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Sounds like you are in good hands now. Good Luck
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 04:13 PM   #6
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Glad to hear your news!! Sounds as if you have finally gotten to the place you need to be to solve your problem. Hope you can rest easy now. And as always, we will be anxious to hear the end of the saga when you go to collect the Montana.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:20 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That's great, Harleyrider! This confirms my faith in Keystone's attitude towards the customer. Naturally they can't meet everyone's expectations, especially when they get a bit unrealistic, but they do try to do the best they can. Your situation is a good example of Keystone stepping up again. Good luck with it and please report back on the repair.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 06:38 PM   #8
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the good news. Happyrving......
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:56 PM   #9
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Thanks for the update and thank You Keystone. Keystone Customer Services, rally participation and listening to the customers are critical attributes that keeps me A Montana supporter!
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 03:23 AM   #10
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Good news is always great to hear --- thanks for your update Harleyrider! Sounds like your issue will finally be resolved making you and yours "happy campers". Just another example of Keystone professionally responding to their customers.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 04:58 AM   #11
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
good news. Glad that Keystone is still backing their dealers. I am impressed with them.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 03:51 AM   #12
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
That's wonderful news and I'm so happy they won't pay the other "bad" dealer. Serves them right for lying! LOL
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:29 AM   #13
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
Good deal, Persistence paid off, Now there's a light at the end of the tunnel, dont give up and make them follow through...I sincerely hope it all turns out like you are expecting to, and as for the other dealer, well, too bad they wont get paid, but its the price they pay for not following proper business practices.
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:31 AM   #14
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Your success is good news for all of us. Hope things go well with the new dealer.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote