Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2004, 08:38 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Eternabond Leak Repair Products

Anyone have any experience with Eternabond Leak Repair Products?

Again on another forum I saw a number of references, both good and bad, about Eternabond leak repair tapes and was wondering what the folks on the MOC may have to say about this stuff.

Not that I have any leaks but you just never know when a situation may arise.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 04:33 PM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
I'm a big fan of Eternabond. If properly applied it sticks forever, lasts almost as long and is flexible. It won't crack or peel from vibrations going down the road. It is great on roofs and can be used on pipes that are not under pressure. I give it THUMBS UP!!

8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:10 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Me too!! When we first bought our Mountaineer, I purchased a couple of rolls thinking I would redo the entire roof perimeter. Our previous trailer had an aluminum roof that I had had recaulked several times. I had no idea how the EPDM roof was installed, so I had a couple of rolls "for emergencies" since it doesn't need resealing. Well, since then I've rubbed a few trees (every one on our own property just moving the RV to work on my 1 site RV Park (Dillo Villa). This stuff's GREAT, but you'd better be sure where you put is where you really want it because it's there permanently !! I'm sure there are lots of other uses around the house that I haven't needed it for (YET!)
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 03:11 AM   #4
lawrenceb42106
Montana Master

M.O.C. #45
Here is a good place to buy it. It is alot cheaper than buying from a dealer. The dealer used some on our roof. We had scraped a few spots along the edges and has held up real good. http://bestmaterials.com/SearchResul...CategoryID=866
lawrenceb42106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:07 AM   #5
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Excellent product.
Also check out rooferstoolsonline.com/etonestepmir for competitive pricing. 1-888-336-2663
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:01 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I've always heard Eternabond is the cream of the crop in this product line but have never tried it. I thought a few times about getting some just to have on hand (never know when you'll need it) but, lawdy, they're proud of that stuff! I'll check out the above links. Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:46 AM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Thank you for the heads up on this product. It sounds like a valuable repair item. FYI there is another tape product that merits a look-see. It is called, "X-TREME TAPE". It will even seal leaks in pressurized lines.

It is not called an adhesive tape but rather a self fusing tape. Purports to be good from -60 to +500 degrees F and insulates to 8000 volts. Manufacturers tout it as permanent air and water tight seal. It starts fusing within two minutes and is completely fused at room temperature in 24 hours or more quickly if heat cured (hair drier).

The product is manufactured by Vypar Products. I own NO stock in this company nor do I market this product. I did buy some to tape up my shore line where the cable sheath had pulled away from the vulcanized plug. My three rolls, 1" x 10' x 20 mil thick, came at $14.97 + s&h from duluthtrading.com.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:52 AM   #8
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Same here Steve. I've only heard good comments, actually more like raves, about Eternabond. I just did a price check and I think I will stay away from Camping World on this one. So far the Roofers Tool seems to have the best price.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:51 AM   #9
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Roofers Tools is where I bought mine - seems like it was a very prompt delivery
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 12:39 PM   #10
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Excellent product but expensive! At least the little patch thing I bought at CW. Think I'll try the internet link provided for better pricing. I've only used it once. Had a small tear on edge of roof. So far so good. Put it on about 5 months ago.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote