Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
We Wii do you?

We have been trying to find one of these since I think October or November. Since we are spending the winter in Montana in our Montana, I knew that cabin fever would be setting in big time. RC snowboards and I do no winter sports, heck I don't do many sports period. I am without a doubt athletically challenge.

So last night we finally found one and WOW what a riot! I have never been a video game person at all but with this you physically interact with it. I think it's a virtual reality thing??? We hooked it up last night and played every Wii Sports game there was and had a ball, plus a bit of a work out. The boxing is really a work out for me. Happy to report I knocked RV out to a count of 10 three times and a few more times that he managed to get up.

I really wanted the Wii Fit to get some kind of exercise in this small confined space, but they did not have one at either Target or Best Buy. I did find one at Amazon and it's on it's way. Can't wait for it to come, plus we'll be able to play the Shawn White snowboard game with the balance board so I will feel like I am back on the hills, without the cold and all the heavy clothing.

One of the best parts is RC and I are doing something together and laughing like crazy while we're doing it. He's feircly competitive and I'm not but boy it is fun when I win. It drives him crazy.

So...do you Wii and does anyone out there have a Wii Fit. If so how do you like it? Any pointers? How about games, recommendations or those we should avoid?

Patty

RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dick and Patty,

Oui. We do Wii. We picked up one after stopping by Bob and Sharon's place this past year. They had one and have many many games. We found one when we got home and have used it only sporadically but do enjoy it when we do it. Our 5 year old granddaughter bowled about a 170 the last time she was visiting. She was very proud of yourself.

We are not big gamers but we do enjoy the Wii.

Look for a GAME STOP store. They usually have good supply of games and the prices are not too bad.

Mary Kay and Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
We bought one for our grandkids for Christmas '07 and liked it so much we bought one for us later. Then we bought the Wii Fit with the balance board. Great fun and a pretty good workout without even realizing it.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We play WII at our clubhouse every Friday night and I joined the bowling team. We liked it so much that we bought one for ourselves and it is a riot. Some of the tennis shots can be intimidating inside our small house but what a great way to exercise. I just hope we don't get too carried away and put the remote thru the tv screen sometime. LOL

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We do indeed do the Wii thingy. And we are passionate about it. Our grandson, Daniel, is disabled but you'd never know it when he plays Wii. Helen, you'd better watch out and hope Daniel doesn't challenge you to a game of tennis. He's almost to the Pro level! He's a good bowler, too.

We have a neat little game of pinball that was only $20.00 at Target.

Do you know that you can connect your Wii to your wireless connection and get on the internet? We import Miis from our sons' set so now when we play baseball, our whole family shows up on the team. It makes it even more fun. You're also able to shop on the Wii and send emails to other Wiis.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Our daughter purchased one for us for Christmas...we had a blast bowling on it. Although watch out b/c falling can really hurt and use that wrist band b/c that WII remote can really fly!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:58 AM   #7
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Dick and Patty, we have the WII and WII Fit also. For Christmas I got the Madden Football game and it is a lot of fun also. WII play and Super Mario Cart occupys a lot of time and is a good baby sitter when the Grand Kids come over.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Dennis, thanks for the hint on Game Stop, wonder if they have one here in this part of the country. They probably do.

Bill and Patricia, that's great to hear. I need a workout, big time. I love the not realizing it part.

Helen, Wow bowling team, how cool! I'm pretty good on the Wii Sports bowling...beat RC a bunch. Yes, we've had the tennis challenge. In our rig the fan is right in front of the television.

"Fraid I overdid it on the second day. My gosh is my right arm sore.

Have you seen the UTUBE videos or the remote going threw the TV screen...there are a ton of them. We could use a new TV so I am not going to worry to much.

Judy, Oh I would love to play Daniel...of course I know he'd beat me. I will have to look for that pinball game. Thanks for the recommendation.

I looked into that internet thing but it seems like it is a pay feature. Am I wrong? The whole thing sounds neat but have to keep the bills down, especially with the newly aquired Wii. Over budget this month.

Campbud, Oh gosh haven't fallen yet and in this rig it would be not pretty. Love bowling...I'm best at that. Will watch out not to have a flying remote.

Phil and Gladys, Thank you for sharing the hints on the games. I think RC would really enjoy a football game.

I am hoping our grand daughter gets to fly out this summer and I know she'll enjoy it. Of course she has one at home.

I am waiting for the Wii Fit to come. I read that when you start that your Mii can really blow up in size. I'm afraid.
Do you enjoying working out with Wii Fit?

Everyone, thanks for replying. Hey maybe this would be a good event at a rally for rainy day. The game can be moved easily...I guess the Television would be a challenge. Hard to fit a bunch of people into our rigs.

Patty

Edited to remove second sig line on this page.
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Patty, the WII Fit is so much fun especially the balance games. You know you can design your own MII with glasses, lipstick or what ever. I threw my back out doing the hula hoop and the soccer ball can be down right frustrating. Enjoy - great way to take some pounds off.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:26 AM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Patti, I think the internet feature is free if you have a router or can plug into your cable. We have a wireless system here at the stick house. Trying going to settings and see if you can get it going. I don't know about the games that go over the internet. Nintendo benefits from having you on the 'net because you can download games and buy time, etc. There's much more to it than just the games you play in the living room. Once you're online you can check the weather channel, shop, send emails, buy games, buy points, etc. We haven't paid anything extra for it, except the game we downloaded.

We put the Wii in our rig when we travel. It's so easy.

The Miis are fun. We imported our family members and could figure out why one of the girls had pony tails, a mustache, and a beard in silver until we realized that our son had made one for his Schnauzer. It all made sense then!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Oh boy, I can't wait until I have time to try all these things Judy. It sounds like so much fun.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:18 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Helen, you know we've got the PRO at our house! Now if he could only learn that it's okay to lose!

Be sure and try those training segments on the sports disc. See if you can hit 10 out of 10 homeruns. Daniel can! They're a lot of fun, especially bowling, golf, and baseball.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #13
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
We have a Wii and love it!!! I had my neck fused 2 years ago and can't play tennis in the real world anymore, but I can on the Wii. I just have to remember not to get too agressive. DH wants to get a 3605 when we upgrade next year because it will be easier to Wii with no center island!!
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:35 AM   #14
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
The boxing is really a workout! Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote