Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #21
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
We have Directv and the weather channel has disappeared and in its place is a new company called Weather Nation that appears to have less tech. We have used Directv for 16+ years and have always thought the cost to be on the high side. We hear good comments about Dish Network and have considered changing, but have hung on thinking Directv would eventually compete. We change to our "Winter Residence" location when RVing in FL. We have got Directv to change the locals channels several times when stopped for a few days all across the country. Some call-center employees are better to work with than others. We have at times been told that we could not have local channels as it was not legal, then just call back later at night or weekend and get locals set up as requested. It all a political game concerning the local stations with advertising dollars controlling the laws that some employees reference. One other point any time someone tells you that for $15 more a month you can have your home-base local stations anywhere in the country if you sign a statement of need, then you know its just about money. We occasionally use the Cable at Camp Grounds and find Directv to be far superior. We now have HD and enjoy the better quality, we bring a receiver along from the stick house and use a tripod LNB5 Slim Line oval dish. Aligning the antenna is a bit of a learned skill and we would like to get the push-button dish-antenna mounted on the roof. It is probably a toss up as to the best concerning Dish or Direct.

Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #22
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Yep, It is Weather Nation. I guess that one blew by me. When did that happen? Joe
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #23
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
I earlier said we were happy with dish tailgater. We are presently at Fountain of youth in Niland and our tailgater just won't work. We have had two tech phone calls with out success. All was OK in Oregon, but even though we followed all their work around the signal strength is below 40. I still think I like dish, just need a solution to solve our problems. Yes dish is pointed south with no obstructions using dish pointer android app.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:52 PM   #24
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
For that $15 you get either the NY or LA network feeds, depending on your billing address. Never heard of anyone paying $15 to get their billing address locals, not saying it couldn't happen. For us the network feed works fine, and any shows that are programmed into the DVR can be recorded without changing channels each time you got new locals.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:13 AM   #25
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
We've had DirecTV for about a dozen years. The price we pay has more than doubled during that period, currently $94/mo. We took our box with us when we left the stick house and started full timing. When we call to receive local stations, they have a problem comprehending our full time status. Each time they have changed our billing address to the campground where we are staying. Along with that comes local taxes until we change again.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You do need to have a billing address with Directv. Use the address of one of your kids or relations. They just change our service address when we ask for a local channel change.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:42 AM   #27
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
I have been using Dish for 5 years / I only use Dish while in FL during the Winter Months - For the months, not used, I put the account on hold and simply reactivate service by a CHAT session with their tech - Great Service - no phone calls.

While at the Fall Rally, I changed the service address via a Chat session to the Elkhart County Fairgrounds and then back to our FL address when we got here.

I really do not need my home local channels, as I stay on top of "local" news via the apps on my Iphone.
rps is offline   Reply With Quote