Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Half-time latch

Bobbie,
Ozzmods101 picture 61 to 65 shows the latch and how it moves the white door release.
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/Ozzsmods101/

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Hey Ozz, I tried opening up your pictures and my anti virus software jumped in and said it blocked a virus.

Just FYI.....
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
?? My Norton says it's clean, maybe your viris detection is just wary of different sites.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The link worked for me with no errors and there were 216 pictures. When I scanned down to 61 to 65 they were pictures of a bunch of wires, not what I thought was described. I scanned the other 200 or so and didn't see anything that resembled a door release. I am interested in the pictures of the door release.

Ozz, would you please check this again?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Thanks Ozz I fixed it yesterday. it was not hard to take out after you post still have not gotten the good pics. It was one of those days took it out fixed it just the little bottom part had come loose. put it back in finished up shut it then opened it looked at susie and grined when your are good you need to take credit LOL shut it and heard the latch fall off!!!!. well back to the old drawing board took it back out made a small metal bracket and pop ribeted it in to make sure it couldn't come loose again. BTW your pics showed me how to work on the motor and all things inside. Thanks again.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
OK, Art, here is a picture of the latch, the black 'push-in' part lifts the white plastic part and unlocks the door, plus breaks contact of the micro-switch so you don't get your brain fried from the microwaves when the door opens.
The latch fails in two ways, #1. the fix I made in the slide show years ago, well, I think it is backward, but anyway you can see what I did.I epoxied a brass electrical connector..it was the right size and sturdy.. to the broken plastic stem that goes through a hole on the other end. The black 'push to open' part hinges on the two stems. This worked for 3 years, then the plastic stem broke.
So, (#2) to repair that I drilled a small hole through the brass reinforcement epoxy deal and put a small bolt and nut. The small bolt goes through the hole to pivot the 'push to open'.
Sue was baking some chocolate fudge Volcano's and the latch broke, I hurried and took it apart so the food wouldn't overcook.
I didn't document the second bolt deal, I wanted to eat the volcano..
Hope this helps...
http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...oxy%20repairs/

Old 02-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz the little round peg that goes in the slot and keeps it from coming off is ok but it would jump out and the bottom pc would fall down so I made a small pc of c-chanel out of metal and pop ribeted it to the outside frame right where the pc rotates so it can't slide out but can still be removed by drilling out the 1/8 ribets. Thanks for the help. BTW mine has always looked diff and the back two legs were out of the track I don't know for how long started to put a little silicone on them to keep them in place just a thought!!
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote