Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Another Apollo 1/2 Bits the Dust

Worked great last night, this morning for breakfast only the fan, clock, and light worked, even after power clear. Sort of felt like the olden days of camping, had to light the pilot on the gas oven and use it for the biscuits and oven-browned potatoes. But it is sort of nice cleaning out the gas oven, found things like sweet potatoes stored since Thanksgiving, onions, and a long lost box of freezer bags. So tomorrow its off to th Monty dealer down the road, as well as calling the Apollo folks. In the meantime, I guess we will have sweet potatoes and ham tonight. Take care ya'all.

bob

rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
rak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5481
Hang in there. Lynn at Apollo will take care of you. Ours died and had a new one in 7 days. New one works great. One does not realise how much one uses the MW until it breaks.
Dick
rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:10 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dang it Bob, sorry to hear that. Good luck on it.
Are you still in 'Bama?
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:48 AM   #4
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Your right, Lynn is really a fine lady. She is working on my problem as I tpe. I was really pleased with how responsive the Half Time Oven folks were. You are right, we sure miss that MW already, no popcorn for the ballgame yesterday.

Ozz, still in Bama, had to thaw out the water hose this morning, who would have thought. Hope RGV is treating you right.

bob
Old 01-29-2007, 05:36 AM   #5
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
I have a question, does the Apollo folks offer replacement money instead of a new MW. I might be tempted to replace with a regular ole micro wave if mine fails. But then again we don't full time and I doubt if we have ever used the 1/2time oven. We have micro waved quite a bit in it though.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:41 AM   #6
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
I just posted in repairs section but I will say it here also. Ours quit also. I called the lady above at apollo, they were VERRRRY nice and helpful, got my address, sent me a new m/w in three days and told me I could bill Keystone for the labor .
Not many companies will do what they did.
Thank you Apollo .
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:40 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
In my case Apollo sent the new oven and picked up all the charges , service call and installation charge, return postage....Spoke with Lynn at Apollo.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #8
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
The jury is still out for me. When I talked to Lynn yesterday afternoon, she had been too busy on a Monday to get anywhere on getting my Apollo repaired, and asked that I call around to different appliance repair places to see if I could get a contact for her. After calling about 8, I received no one willing to deal with it. I contacted Lynn this morning, and was asked why the different people weren't interested in servicing, which I gave her the various responses. She said she would try and find someone and would get back to me, so as of now, her office is closed and no response. So we will see what tomorrow brings. So far no offer of replacement. I figure I will give them until the end of the week to come up with a solution, I guess I will try Keystone after that. I still have high hopes based on your positive resolutions from Lynn. She seems to be interested in my plight so far. Will keep you posted.

bob
Old 01-31-2007, 12:41 AM   #9
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
I have no idea if it made any difference or not, but when I called her, I told her about this fourm and this is where I got the info to call her. I find it strange that she has replaced many, according to her, and yet not offered to do that for you. You , if you havent , might explain the discussions and replies on this very forum about their product and the results based on this forum.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:15 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
She gets the same flack on other forums,,Don't know how Mid West Supply stays in business with this Apollo oven.I think they have a "routine to follow..Lynn thought she could fix mine and sent parts. That did not work so she sent me a new unit.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:25 AM   #11
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Good news, Lynn is shippping a new mw out today. They couldn't find any service in my area either. Told Lynn that all of us MOCs appreciate her help and the good service. Midwest definitely stands behind their products. Hopefully, they take as good of care of people likeLynn, as they do their customers. I am going to give her boss a jingle and tell him that we appreciate Lynn and their support.

Thank you all as well for the help.

bob

Old 02-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bob, sorry to hear about your oven. Do you know the build date of your Montana? If not, then about when did you buy it? In another thread we were wondering if the newer ones are ok but earlier ovens had the problems.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Had a chat with Lynn At Mid West Supply. They import the Apollo over from China. They have taken to removing them from the box amd bench test ing them before they ship a new one out. my new one has a build date of Aug 2006.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:45 PM   #14
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Steve, my Apollo has a built date of 02/06. Like Rich says, they take really good care of you at Midwest. Lynn has been really great. I should have my new Apollo on Monday. I guess it is a good thing, because we have gotten reintroduced to our gas oven. Besides, with Cracker Barrel and all of the great seafood places in Gulf Shores, we have not gone hungry for lack of the microwave. Although, it would be nice to have it for all of the great leftovers we brng home. Hope Sue and yourself are having a great time, and Rich thanks for your help, you and Helen enjoy your travels through the Southwest.

bob
Old 02-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Steve and Vicki, my humble apologies on my above, I had just read a thread from Ozz and Sue, and I guess I had that on my mind, when I said I hoped you and Sue were having a good time. Sorry I really did mean to say Vicki, when we meet again I will owe you a cool beverage...

bob
Old 02-03-2007, 04:54 PM   #16
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
"my Apollo has a built date of 02/06" That was the same build date on the one that we had so much trouble with..
Old 02-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #17
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Sounds as if the Apollo 1/2 time is even a bigger piece of junk than the sound system!
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #18
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Junk..Maybe yes,,,maybe no..We only hear the negative stuff..there may be thousands of happy owners who never say anything. Lynn and the folks at Mid West Supply do not manufacturer the Apollo.They are just the importers and distributors of the product and therefore not responsible for product quality. They do however "step up to the plate" and stand behind the product..what more could we ask for..
Old 02-08-2007, 03:47 AM   #19
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
The new Apollo arrived yesterday and it works great. Sure can't beat Midwest an Lynn for great service. It was nice to have a bag of popcorn for the basketball game last night. The new one was made 08/06. I definitely have to respect a company that steps up to the plate and backs up the products they sell. I have to rate Midwest and Lynn as the best that I have dealt with on a warranty issue. I would also think that there are a lot of good Apollos out there, because I don't think Midwest would want to be in the business of Fedexing micros back and forth to folks, and dealing with used micros if the majority were faulty.

bob
Old 02-08-2007, 06:45 AM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
My new one was also a 08/06 build date..Lynn said that they were working with the manufacturer to improve quality..Our new one works geat so far..been more than a couple of weeks..without a failure...a record.. Perhaps the problems are solved..