Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Paul's Recovery

Message Preview - Paul's Recovery
This is going to be a long and hard recovery for him. The Dr. was in this evening and said that he has lost all use of his left side. He can't see out of his left eye, and his arm and leg are numb. But on the good side, he will start Physical therapy tomorrow, and like mine it will be very long and hard days. He will have 3 and 4 hour sessions. The Dr. said that is what is needed to help him to relearn how to use that side. His nurse said tonight that if it isn't started immediately that his brain will get lazy fast and he will never regain what he can if he starts now. So things are looking up. Again, thanks everyone for your prayers. Kathi

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Kathi,

Thank you for the update. I have no idea what to say to you. I don't want to quote platitudes or trite words. Let me simply say we care and will talk to God about you and on your behalf. You are not alone.

Our reach is not long enough to meet your needs nor our arms strong enough to hug away the fear and pain. So we refer you to the One who promised to walk with you and sustain and comfort you in every trial.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:01 PM   #3
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
I had a fabulous phone call with Kathi tonite. She is so upbeat and positive about Paul's recovery that it makes me know her attitude will be a driving force in his recovery.

Kathi has been printing out everyone's good wishes and showing them to Paul. He is amazed how many people are pulling for him and taking the time to send him inspiration..

"The MOC isn't just a group of people, they're family".

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
This is another get well note. We wish you a speedy recoverly and may God bless.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:16 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
We are all behind you Paul and Kathi as you start the road to recovery. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
We would like to add our best wishes for Paul's recovery. Hang in there and remember that a lot of people are praying for you.
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:36 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
My father -In -Law suffered what sounds like a similar stroke some years ago and he was much older than Paul.It was hard work for him but he recovered.It will be a challenge but the both of you can do it. Good luck...And hang it there..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:13 AM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Kathi,
We wish the very speediest of recoveries for Paul.

About 4 years ago my brother had a stroke. Due to very quick medical attention and his will to keep going he recovered very quickly. Within a few weeks he was back up and using or trying to use all his body parts! It took him about a year before he was back to semi-normal. It is truly amazing how many stroke victims are able to recover and go back to their normal life.

I am sure Paul will be one of these people. After all he has a lot of RVing yet to do. So Paul know that there is hope and it can be done.

Our thoughts are with you.

Dennis and Mary Kay Hill
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:35 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Kathi, Lorraine and I are pushing for a complete recovery for not only Paul but for you as well. You both will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I also want to echo Margee's comment....
"The MOC isn't just a group of people, they're family".
A very loving caring family.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:12 AM   #10
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Once again you all have given me so much inspiration. Stiles, that was really beautiful. I am printing all these out and taking them to Paul. He becomes so inspired when he reads them. Thank you all. Kathi
Old 02-21-2006, 01:44 AM   #11
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Kathi,

Tell Paul, MOC is pushing! Pushing for his recovery!!! Just think of us all out here pushing from behind, yelling encouragement as we shove him back to health!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:59 AM   #12
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Paul, we are looking forward to meeting you in Shasta.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:50 AM   #13
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Kathi,

We will all be thinking and praying for Paul in the coming months. Tell him he has lots of friends here in the MOC that are very concerned about his recovery. God Bless.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:49 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Kathi and Paul, the stroke is the bad news. The good news is that he survived and has an opportunity to recover, hopefully fully. I think you know we all are praying for you folks and that we are all here when you need support. We also look forward to meeting you folks at Mt. Shasta in May. Please don't hesitate to call on us when you feel the need. We will be there for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #15
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Kathi,

Paul continues to be in our prayers. Let him know that his MOC friends are here to support him any way we can.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:00 PM   #16
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Thanks everyone. Today wasn't a very good day for him. But I remember I had those days when I had my strokes, so it is to be expected. He had a test today where they put a probe down his throat and look for damage in his heart. He was pretty groggy all day after that one. I just came back from seeing him. I took him real food. He said if I didn't die from the stroke, I am going to die from this rotten food. So I took him my pot roast. Hopefully he will start eating better. Thanks again for allowing me to use this forum for support. Kathi
Old 02-21-2006, 02:12 PM   #17
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
The support is here, Kathi. We continue to hold you both up in our prayers. We pray that things will go better tomorrow.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #18
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Hang in there... you will continue to be in our prayers.
Myrna & Bob
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:15 AM   #19
Outahere
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #724
Kathi,We've been off line for a while and missed seeing the news about Paul. I'm sure there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said in support of Paul and yourself but I and my wife just want to be two more souls in this family to send our support to you. Each day is one more day closer to full recovery! God Bless you both!
Outahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:48 AM   #20
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Paul & Kathi,
It is at times like this we discover what true support from friends is all about. It is amazing how this little keyboard and the notes we receive give us that little added strength we may need to get through just one more day on the road to patience, understanding, and recovery. As many have said you will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Remember out of life's hardest battles come God's strongest soldiers. Take care and let us know if there is anything we can do to help in the future.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote