Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
WIFI Range Extender

While staying at my local Elk's lodge, the signal was pretty weak coming across the parking lot. My wife and I decided to get a range extender for the lodge to give better signal for the RV'ers that visit the area. Everyone was totally surprised at the improved signal which made the stay a lot more WIFI friendly. In the past we have been to many CG's where the wifi signal was rather poor. I went to Staples and talked to the tech, and he suggested using a range extender in our RV to increase the signal inside. We did, and now have great signal wherever we go. What a difference not getting frozen and bumped off in the middle of a session on line. We purchased a ASUS EA-N66R (about $100) that has worked well for us. You will have to re-program the extender at each new location. Instead of 2 weak bars, I get 5 strong signal bars depending on where you are in the CG.

Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
Yep we have come across a few campgrounds like that and Wi-Fi extenders work great we got ours on E-bay for 60 bucks and it is just a little white cube that sticks to the back of our Laptop and plugs into a USB port,http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Mile-Range...-/360685001359
Old 06-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
Rainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13378
Send a message via MSN to Rainer
Allow me to recommend the Edimax EW-7438APn 300Mbps Wireless 802.11/b/g/n Universal Wi-Fi Rage Extender - it's only about $30 delivered to your door.

Here's the link on Amazon: http://amzn.to/13jtgpe

I love mine!
Rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Wow, I didn't realize there were lower priced one's available. The selling point the tech gave us, was that it has multiple bands to let more then one computer working thru it at a time. My wife and I often are on line at the same time checking one thing or another. I still feel this is a great forum for all of us. Keep the information flowing.
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
Kimo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13238
Installed Jefatech's wifi repeater about a month ago and it works great. I can pick up signals up to a mile away and boost them back out at full strength. I mounted the antenna on top of the current tv antenna so when it's up, it's about 16 feet off the ground. Costs a little more and you have to run cable but well worth it in my opinion.
Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote