Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2016, 09:29 AM   #1
N24005

M.O.C. #14246
3402RL galley grey water tank leak and plumbing

Like many before us, we have a leak in the rear (galley) holding tank of our 2013 3402RL. I have dropped some of the coroplast and the leak is *not* at the exit valve.

It is leaking from the top but only when there is water draining in, so I suspect that the drain-pipe is cracked or separated at the tank joint (it flows out slower than DW is pouring in, but it is steady and stops shortly after she stops.)

Any suggestions on getting access? The drain pipe is intact behind the vacuum cleaner where it drops into the floor. But there can't be much distance from there to the joint!

The other strange thing I found is that there is a cross support "U" that runs right across the outflow valve. The valve is resting on the top of the "U" and I can see it wearing into the valve. Seems like a crazy place for a support and I would think if they were going to put it there then they would put it upside down so that it doesn't chafe.. Is this normal?? (plus the "U" has collected water - presumably from the top of the tank - which means corrosion!

Luckily I have extended warranty but as full timers, I am not looking forward to dealing with the repair shop et al..

N24005 is offline   Reply With Quote