Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2018, 09:14 AM   #21
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseurs View Post
Got the H & S OEM replacement intercooler pipe replaced on my 2015 Ford F-350. The OEM pipe came out quickly and easily. I used a bungee cord to hold the interfering coolant hoses out of the way. Was following the installation instructions that came with the new parts. Lots of grunting and groaning trying to get the new one wrestled into place. Had to figure out my own method. Put the bottom silicone 90 degree pipe in place first, then installed the metal and straight silicone pieces. Had to remove the coolant line from the connection just above the lower connection because it interfered with the installation. Finally got everything put in place. The instructions said to locate the sensor on the front side. THAT will NOT fit. The sensor has to be located on the top.
The new kit includes a short metal strap to be used to support the power steering fluid reservoir. OMG, that is totally unprofessional!!!! After this experience I would opt for the replacement that SCOTTZ chose. It looks like the parts have the same twists and bends as the original pipe, without interference with the power steering fluid reservoir or any of the other pieces and parts located under the hood. Short test drive went well. Headed to Phoenix from Idaho on the 2nd, and hope it all works well.
There is actually an updated H&S for the stock truck that's been out several months now that does not require moving the steering reservoir and the pipe is two pieces, with the main tube being silicone and MUCH longer. Takes only 20 minutes to install the new version.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #22
Chaseurs
Established Member

M.O.C. #21204
Part number? I didn’t see any other option on their web site.
Chaseurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:36 AM   #23
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Moving the PS reservoir may not be necessary on all vehicles. My '11 was not moved. If it had needed moving, I for sure would have come up with a better solution then what H&S provided. I also used heftier clamps then what H&S provided - from Mishimoto (sp?). I do seem to have a bit throatier inlet air sound with the steel tube - which may be why Ford sticks with that plastic piece.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #24
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
The original one for the '11-'16 trucks was part number 122004 and the newer version is the 122011 "silicon version".

https://hs-motorsports.com/collectio...=7149513408569
Old 12-30-2018, 11:09 AM   #25
Creeker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23094
Thanks much for the link Golfmedik. Think I'll purchase one to carry as a spare
for a few more miles before replacing stock.
Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 02:16 PM   #26
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
Thanks much for the link Golfmedik. Think I'll purchase one to carry as a spare for a few more miles before replacing stock.
Good plan, just so you have an option when stuck in the middle of nowhere on Sunday afternoon.

The kit I used did not require relocating the PS reservoir. However, I did move it out of the way (no hoses disconnected) to make installing the pipe easier. The job was easier with a second set of hands. One set to hold stuff out of the way, one set to do the install.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote