Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2007, 04:40 AM   #21
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Thanks for the link in this thread and the other thread. Here are a few observations from us before we check out the Big Sky photos on the Montana site. Glass front cabinets--especially the big one in the pantry. We don't keep our cabinets--especially a pantry!--tidy enough to want all the bits and bobs on display. Solid wood doors are a plus for us. Remember the long ago thread when we were all installing white boards on the insides of our cabinets so all the "stuff" was not on display? The wood lambrequin on the bedroom window has been replaced by soft goods (ie curtains). We liked the wood installation--especially with the gooodies attached. Are there two drawers under the desk like in the 3400? We couldn't tell from the photo. A double door frig w/ 12 cu ft would be enormous in our minds! WOW! We lived for three years in the UK with teenagers in the house and did fine with 11 cu ft. 12 cu ft for the two of us would be spectacular. All JMHO.

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:59 AM   #22
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I agree, Bill and Pat, with you about the wood lambrequin on the bedroom window. So much more desirable that those stupid fluffy curtain, IMHO. And it seems like they could have left the cabinets over the bedroom window or at least added cabinets over the headboard of the bed. After all, this is supposed to be a high-dollar rig. And when will these rv creators hear the message that we don't want fluffy headboards and curtains or wildly pattern furniture. We wouldn't have them in our large stick homes and they're even worse in an RV. We've been several units and none of the bedspreads are very desirable. This is RV industry wide. If someone really did a good job of decorating, their sales would immediately go up. They would stand out. The furniture in the Big Sky looks nice, but what's up with the ruffled and wood headboard? I was sure they'd have a nice wooden headboard.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:14 AM   #23
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Careful now - You're bordering on un-positive!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:24 AM   #24
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I'm not surprised at your response, Brad.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:50 AM   #25
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
I agree with you Judy on the puff and fluff. We both have allergies and asthma so dust catching window coverings will be removed at first opportunity on any 5th wheel we buy. Wish this were an option we could change. We don't like the wallpaper borders either but per conversation with Charles Wade at the Seattle RV show in September 06, custom orders can be made leaving out the borders.
On a positive note I still think Keystone has a great product!
Judy
judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:22 AM   #26
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Keystone does have a great product, Judy, and I know you'll enjoy owning one. The personal modifications that we all make are what make the rig seem like home to each of us.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #27
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Judy,
Could you tell if the bed base can be cut down for a queen rather than a king like the 3400? We like the queen over the king and would use a numbered bed. We are just two short people.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #28
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I'm not current on standards vs options on the new unit. Usually they let you choose between a queen and a king. Is that no longer the case? Someone who has ordered recently can probably give us that info.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:18 PM   #29
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
According to the website, the King is standard equipment for the Big Sky. Rldriver, I was poking around under the king bed on the 3400 at the show. I think the base has much bigger dimensions, so I honestly don't think you could cut it down too much. There appears to only be about 6" around the edges.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #30
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Thanks Brad, I quess I will just have to see one in person. Now all I have to do is find one in Washington to view.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #31
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Hi all, our Cambridge has the Micro/convection, and its made by Amana, and looks just like the one in the Big Sky. Our Fridge is a 12 cubic ft made by Dometic. I thought the 14 cubic ft was a 4 door type. We also would have rather had a Queen size bed. We haven't found a Big Sky on any lot yet. Will be in Mesa Az. Friday to have the Stackabe Splendide installed will check Mesa Rv which is accross the street from CW. GBY..
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #32
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Tacoma RV hopes to have one for the Seattle RV show next month, but does not know for sure if the unit will get here on time. They said to call a couple of days prior to the show.
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote