Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #1
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Level up, another reason

Maybe not that big a deal, but yesterday morning I was sure happy I had level up. Pulled into the campground at Lone Jack, MO just as the wall cloud from a storm leaving KC, MO was on the horizon. The campground operator was in no hurry to check us in and while we were fooling around the storm was really getting close. Found our site, got us in, dropped the rig and hit the autolevel while I hooked up the electric and water. Shot the slides out and Joyce got the cats out of the truck. I put the sewer on and was the only one who got wet and I wasn't that wet before I got in the rig and it poured. Not worth spending the money just for that, but in the past I might have been still leveling when the storm hit, not fully set up. I know, you don't take that long to level, but in our case Joyce and I had to have a 15 minute discussion on whether it was really level or not. Once I agreed to lose the discussion, then we could move on.

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
daily double
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9256
I'm trying to figure out why it took 15 minutes for you to decide to lose that discussion! It doesn't take me near that long!
daily double is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Cause I spent the money on that Ipad app that shows you both bubbles at the same time and tells you how many inches you need to go up or down. Then we found out our rig isn't level front to back and if you put it on the floor by the door you get one reading, on the kitchen counter another and on and on. Besides, I don't want to roll over too soon or Joyce won't have won anything. Or maybe it's just to confirm I'm still the same jerk she married
Old 10-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #4
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I haven't been on the MOC site in a while so I noticed this thread and had to ask, how much does one of these systems cost to retro? I'm thinking we just need a new Monty but I'm having a hard time convincing her of that.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Cause I spent the money on that Ipad app that shows you both bubbles at the same time and tells you how many inches you need to go up or down. Then we found out our rig isn't level front to back and if you put it on the floor by the door you get one reading, on the kitchen counter another and on and on. Besides, I don't want to roll over too soon or Joyce won't have won anything. Or maybe it's just to confirm I'm still the same jerk she married
Maybe it is just me, but I think I would verify with a good old fashioned carpenters level?? In the past, I have been told to check the level at the refrigerator, but I can see the value of checking in a couple of different places as well. After all, what good would it do if the fridge was level but you were rolling out of bed??
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mac

I haven't been on the MOC site in a while so I noticed this thread and had to ask, how much does one of these systems cost to retro? I'm thinking we just need a new Monty but I'm having a hard time convincing her of that.

mac
From what I remember, it is around $5-6,000 depending on who installs it. We considered exactly what you are considering, and then decided to trade for that and other reasons (DW wanted something other than white exterior).
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We got it for $4500 last year with the Rally special from lippert.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I have to say my Level up always gets us real close to level. I never have to adjust, just convince Marilyn that the sink counter slopes toward the sink. Stove and refrigerator are always level, and I never have rolled off the bed
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
We're hoping to get the level up next fall when we retire if the furlough doesn't cost us too much $$$$.
If it helps us avoid leveling "discussions" it will be worth it!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I never thought level up was that big a deal till I got it, it's one of the best things they started putting on 5er's ,I just smile when I hit that autolevel button and walk away and have other 5th owners come over and say THAT IS COOL!! and it is I am fortunate enough to have it
Old 10-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #11
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
The first time I used it, my wife got that 'deer in the headlights' look and said "is that all you have to do?". Now she understands why I said I wouldn't buy a new trailer without it.

One thing I have noticed though. I had the IS added this fall, and it affected the level up system. The IS raised the back of our trailer 3 inches, actually making it level when hooked to the truck. Because of this, when parked on a slope, like our driveway, the front legs don't have enough extension to level the trailer. It's not a real problem, but I put the leveling blocks back in the trailer that I had removed from the old unit.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote