Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Rv'ing in other counties

They are called Caravans in Europe and Australia. Picked this off the internet...very interesting.Could this be where we are headed???

http://www.caravanlinks.com/caravan_...ustralia.shtml

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:20 AM   #2
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
We were in Scotland last Sept, Could not believe how many Rvs and "caravan parks". We noticed they had few hook ups that we could see. The trailers are quite small but plentiful.

Phyllis
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Not me.
I'd much rather go my way at my speed and liesure and not be on a constant schedule and not be stopping in areas where I have no interest. Yes, I know, most all caravans will allow you to break off and rejoin down the road but than what's the point?
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Glenn. I was unclear in the definition. In other parts of the world they do not call them Rv's. They are called caravans..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Rich, They put the doors on the wrong side!!!!!!!! lol Looks like they are where we were many years ago. When we lived in Spain in the 70's, the Europeans prided themselves on compactness, looks like the Aussies are doing the same. I didn't see any with slide outs. Glad they enjoy the lifestyle also.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #6
2 Sinks
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6341

If everyone would like to see the extent of RV use in Europe then tune in to the 2009 Tour De France bicycle race starting July 4th and running through July 26th.The rv's are stacked on the sides of the roads,every shape and size all dry camping following the race day after day (perhaps in campgrounds at night) just waitin for our favorite Texan to blow by.I think his name is Lance something.

True... most of the units are not as big as our Montana's but it's nice to see the enthusiasum Europeans have for rv'ing.Me and DW are considering going to France for the race and renting an rv to join in the excitement in a few years.

Fine dining and fine wine...yeah boy!!!

2 Sinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I was in New Zealand this time about laST YEAR.I saw lots and lots of class C RV`s.Maybe one or two cLASS A`s and not one 5th wheel.It was the perfect country for RV`ing in as all the roads were smooth as glass.The 14 days I was their didn`t see One pot hole.And all the camp grounds I did see had plenty of room,not even close to being full.It sure was a beautiful country,no crime to speak of,friendly people and wide open spaces.And New Zealand lamb is to die for-mm yummy.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote