Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
Gramps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8903
The Century mark and some observations

I noticed on my last reply that I had responded, given my opinion, or made a fool of myself 99 times. After some reflection on those responses, I thought some observations were in order.

We join forums, such this one, to garner information or contribute the same, to others with like interest. We share experiences, offer up our expertise, make others aware of the events in our lives such as births, deaths, graduations, retirements, and of course our travels. We talk about food, money, our vehicles, our pets, our likes, and dislikes. All of this to people who, if we passed on the street, in many cases wouldn't know one another from any other person we happened to pass on the sidewalk.

But, here, we become friends, annoying cousins, and in many cases a part of a somewhat extended family. We offer up our prayers for those in need of them. We share photos of the places we went to on vacation. We give advise on the best places to eat or stay, and all of this without consideration for payment or a pat on the back. We do it all, "just because" we are associated with a group of people with like interest and are happy to be a part of that special group.

At what point do we go from screen names on a computer, to friends, to family? I don't know the answer, but what I do know is this has been, and I'm sure will continue to be a place I'm proud to be a part of.

May your travels be free of incident, may your lives be long, may your happy memories be many, and may your troubles never find you.

Dave and Leslie Hanna

Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Gramps

That was well written, well stated

and, OHHHHHH SOOOOO TRUE!!

Thanks for a nice read!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Thanks, Gramps, for saying it so well. We are again finding out about the friendships that were born on this forum and are growing as we finish the journey we are now on. We started in Mid-April and will be back home in a week or so. Along the way, we mention when we will be in an area and have been treated to meet some really great people from this forum. Now they are changing from merely names to real people that we can visualize now when we see their posts. We, too, are very pleased to be a small part of this fine group.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
Thanks, Gramps for saying it well. You have expressed our sentiments exactly. We have had help finding campgrounds,
phone help on computer problems from a MOC member and imformation when buying tires. We have had invitations to meet
up with MOC members when going through their cities. We have had help from a lot of Moc members when making an
87th Birthday Card for my Dad. All this help has been appreciated. We are looking forward to our first Rally in July.
Ron & Rose
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
In the three years we have had the 3400 and traveled around the country we have attended 3 Rallies in Goshen, two regional rallies. Met MOC members in Az and Florida and just crossed paths on the road. We figure we have met 200/250 MOC'ers, all now good friends. We note we will be meeting new friends at the Goshen rally and the Great Lakes rally.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Gramps, very well said!
"At what point do we go from screen names on a computer, to friends, to family?"

I'm not sure exactly when I started to meet the family first hand, maybe the first rally in Bremen Ind., but once you meet an MOCer, you will always know who they are. I'm lucky enough to have an MOCer just around the corner from us and have friends in a lot of states across the USA!
When you finally put faces to the names, you'll always remember them!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Congratulations on your 100th post!

It took me a little while to figure out your Century mark - I first thought your message was pretty good for a 100 year old; then I tried to figure out if you accidently spammed a topic with 100 of the same responses, but that wasn't it either. SO!!! I finally noticed your post count.

I agree with your sentiments!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #8
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Very well stated!
Old 06-18-2009, 01:49 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I could not have said it better.
In answer to your Q--
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gramps

At what point do we go from screen names on a computer, to friends, to family? I don't know the answer, but what I do know is this has been, and I'm sure will continue to be a place I'm proud to be a part of.
Dave and Leslie Hanna
One of those points are the many rallies. Since 1st joining back in 2003 we have attended every Fall and every NorthEast regional rally, a Great Lakes, A Virginia and the Branson rally. Every January we have the Tampa RV Show one day rally and OH so many Mini-rallies. Unfortunaley we have not been to any western rally but someday we will.
If you already haven't made new friends that became family I PROMISE you, by attending these rallies, your new family tree will resemble a GIANT Oak tree.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:36 PM   #10
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Very well said, and that's enough said.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Gramps,
Ditto. We have many "first" names and value each.
Happy Trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote