Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Hamming it Up & RC Toys for Big Girls & Boys
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
R/C to RV

I've been involved with R/C for many, many years. Because of my love of these toys I purchased my first TT(88 Holiday Rambler Alumalite XL)about 6 years ago. For over 20 years I have been racing R/C cars. Several years ago we started a traveling point series in Minnesota. We gather at one track every month(not in winter)for a weekend of racing camping and fun(some drinking may be involved also). I did the tent thing and hotels for a few years but that got old. I talked the DW into getting a cheap used TT(HR) and she started coming for the weekends as well. We also started doing a lot of camping. One thing lead to another and we bought or Montana a couple weeks ago. Our first trip out was to an R/C race in Duluth Minnesota. On the way home we stopped at a campground and stayed there for 3 days before making it home.

Back to R/C. My father and I started flying planes back in "79" when I was 15 years old. A few years later I started playing with cars. In "88" I started racing them. Both electric and nitro powered. Mainly off-road racing. About 10 years ago I started flying again. I don't fly much, but when I do I like 3D flying.
Never really had a desire for helo's and I learned long ago that toy boats require big boats to retreive them. Over the years I have met many wonderful poeple because of R/C and now I'm meeting more great poeple in the RV community.

John

woodtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Tried to find the thread, but couldn't. You'll find some kindred spirits here. There was a recent post of a Monty converted into an RC airplane hanger. I believe it was John Kohl, he should see this and be along soon.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
I saw that as well. Don't know if the DW would tolerate that but, she suprizes me once in a while. We were thinking about getting a toy hauler a few years ago just so I could have a workshop and store my R/C gear. Wife never found one she was comfortable in. She does love The Montana. You know what they say, if the wife is happy.....
woodtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #4
Ren
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10954
I did the R/C car thing for a short while, but during, I was also flying planes with my Dad. About 10 years ago I started with R/C Helis. Im currently not flying anymore, not for any specific reason... just kinda stopped.

Here is a link to my old gallery on a RC heli website.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/53368/

These are pretty big helis... the mainblades are 710 millimeters.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Here at Palm Creek Golf and RV Resort we have our own RC Airport (electric only), and a track for autos. My son sent me a RC Car for Christmas but I suspect it is more of a toy as opposed to a serious racing thing. However, I am looking forward to racing it as soon as my recovery is almost complete.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote