Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
German RVers

As we checked into the campground at St. Andrews State Park, there was one couple just ahead of me in the registration line. When the clerk asked for a telephone number the lady responded, "Yes, but it will be a German cell phone number." That was acceptable and the registration was completed. I decided to be more bold and inquired, "Sind sie auf Deuthland kommen?" The response was a very surprised and happy, "Ja!". We visited for just a moment and they proceded into the campground.

Later, I remembered about a German couple of whom I read on the NuWa RV forum. One of our HitchHiker owners had met this couple in the northeast and learned that they had shipped over a small motorhome and then flew over to meet it in Baltimore. The couple was from Hamburg and were spending several months traveling over the United States in their own motor home.

We drove down to the area where the couple I met were camped and we had a nice visit. We learned they were from Hamburg and that the had shipped their own small motorhome over to Baltimore and later flew over to pick it up and being a several months trip across the United States. I was confident we had met the same German couple and told them that they were the subject of an extended thread on an RV forum. They were totally surprised. This morning before they left they stopped by our campsite and left us their card and expressed friendship and the hope that we might meet again.

Then, for the first time, we were able to make an internet connection with enough bandwidth to enable me to get on the NuWa forum to check out the original post about the German couple. Sure enough, they were from Hamburg, sent their motorhome aboard ship to Baltimore, flew over to pick it up and begin a several month journey across the USA.

..... Now for the rest of the story. Their names were entirely different from those of the couple we met in St. Andrews, and they were some decades older (they in their 70s, our friends in late 50s and early 60s). What a coincidence! Now I have added our friends to the thread on the forum.

Our friends names are: Rainer and Karin Harr and they are traveling west--in New Orleans tonight, across to Houston, San Antonio, and on westward. Hope you may meet them

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
You can bet that if I were back in Texas I'd look them up.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote