Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2006, 05:06 AM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Good article and it does agree with what I found out when I loaded up my 2955RL. The cupboard sticker weight was very close and I do have dual pane, and the washer dryer combo.

We loaded up ours real good as Donna is a fantastic packer and tends to bring everything along and I had a generator and tools in the storage area and even with a full fresh water tank we were only about 160 pounds over our Montana's GVWR. Finally the RV industry is giving us the real weights of these units and the RVs I bought new 20 years ago were way heavier than the brochure weights, I am talking 1500 pounds heavier and this is on slide in Campers.

I've said it before and I will say it again, any of the Montana models have ample carrying capacity for part time RVers. The full timers have to be careful but if they know how to manage weight, they are probably fine too.

I very nearly went to a Forest River product because of the payload issue with Montanas.
Thank heavans it turned out to be a non issue for me.

Thanks for a great post David.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote