Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2010, 05:38 AM   #21
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
XCOP
It looks like you are the same age I am 64. If you plan to pull your camper several more years this truck may not last. It also depends on how far you wont to go and how fast you wont to get there. If you only go several hundred miles a few times a year keep the truck you have. If you plain to do some traveling, keep your old truck it isn't worth much anyway and get you another truck.
All of these trucks are inproved every year, you will not believe the how much better they are.
If you are going to get a used truck there are some you should stay away from. most even these models will most will give great service. I hope I don't step on too many toes but these are the ones you should watch out for and why.

6L Ford any year Head gasket leaking.
02 03 Duramax Injectors
05 Duramax Over heating
08 Cummings pollution controls stops up the turbo
I'm sure there others just be careful.
If I were buying a truck used to pull a camper I would buy a 06 or 07 Duramax. I drive a 08 6.4 Ford and love it. If I vere buying a new truck I would get the 11 Ford.
Lunwood

mlh is offline   Reply With Quote