Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Sewer Hose Fitting Leaks

I have been using the red slinky hoses with the built in fittings. I have three red hoses and one elbow fitting. The elbow has three mounting "clips" or arms. As we were setting up I connected the elbow and attaching it to the drain pipe to the sewer. When I dumped the galley tank a leak started on the bottom of the connection between the hose and the elbow. When I got a closer look I saw that one of the clips had broken thus allowing a loose connection and a leak. I didn't have a spare but I did have a rhino hose with a built-in elbow. So I am suggesting that you keep a spare elbow somewhere in the rig. It is very inconvenient to be without a good elbow for dumping. I realize that storage space is at a premium in the rig but some things are more important than others... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
In my opinion, the Sewer Solution takes up less space and is the more trouble free than any of the "stinky slinky" systems. But I have said this before. Forgive my redundancy.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
LOL, Stiles, I have a Sewer Solution, didn't even think of using it. I even tripped over the bucket that contains the SS when going back to get the Rhino hose. I may hook that up later just for giggles and use it again on the next dump. I need to give the black tank a good flushing and that seems to work better with the "Stinky Slinky" then I will try the Sewer solution again...Dave
Old 11-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
It's a crappy job Dave, but someone has to do it and I'd rather it be you. Quite suitable for a POG.

I carry about 30-35 feet of stinky slinky, but now I have the space.

When I had the Hanna, I carried 15-20 ft of normal use Rhino Flex, and another 5 foot extension. Never had to use the extension. I like the way the Rhino collapses and stores. I carried both in the compartment on the 3400RL for sewer hoses. Along with the drain screw attachment and a rubber sewer grommet. Some CG's do not have the capability to accept the screw on attachment, so the grommet is a must. I'm in one now. The Rhino has an "o" ring on the elbow that will crush and split if you are not careful attaching it.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Hey Jyreen, who you callin a POGE? I like the screw in fitting and 1/4 turn connector on the elbow that come with the Rhino Flex. I have a 30 foot Rhino Flex, two 20 foot red, and a 5 ft red, along with a red elbow. Or I should say I USED to have a red elbow, the old one is in the trash now. but all that hose and elbow fit nicely in the Big Sky sewer hose storage compartment. It takes a bit of planning and some warm weather but it can be done. At the moment we are only 5 feet from the dump pipe so the 5 was working fine till I found the leak. Now I that I changed to the Rhino Flex (30) footer I have it setup in a double 'S' on the "Slunky" and it works just fine... Dave
Old 11-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I can't print my thoughts here, so I PM'd you!!!!

For all you "other" readers, this is called "Inter-Service Rivalry."

By the way Dave, thank you for serving.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Thanks Wayne, and back at ya with the thank you. You say Hoo Rah! We divers say Hoo Yah!! Either way you get the point... Dave
Old 12-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I have lockers on both sides for the extra hoses and extra connectors. Dave, can you cut off the offending connector and attach another? Hopefully you don't have to trash that entire hose.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:45 AM   #9
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Steve, it was not attached to the hose, it one of the red units that has three latch hooks and connects to the matching red hoses. I have purchased a replacement from CW. I am still using my Rhino hose and it is working fine with no leaks. When it warms up a bit I will go back to my short red hose. The Rhino is a 30 footer so I have it kind of wiggled around on the "Slunky". As I said before I also have a "Sewer Solutions" which I will fiddle with when I get a chance. I haven't seen you on for a long spell, I hope all is well... Dave
Old 12-31-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We're fine, Dave. I just got a little burned out for awhile. Thanks for noticing.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote