Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2007, 04:12 AM   #1
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
How to install Satellite service in a Montana

I have searched the history and see several references to satellite installation but I couldn't find just a basic procedure for installing satellite. I saw where Brad posted a schematic of the coax wiring which was helpful but I still am unclear on what to do with it. For the simplest installation do I just disconnect the top coax of the existing loop in the front TV cabinet and then connect the out to TV from the satellite box to the lower part of the loop? Thanks in advance. John

gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:45 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gojodo

I have searched the history and see several references to satellite installation but I couldn't find just a basic procedure for installing satellite. I saw where Brad posted a schematic of the coax wiring which was helpful but I still am unclear on what to do with it. For the simplest installation do I just disconnect the top coax of the existing loop in the front TV cabinet and then connect the out to TV from the satellite box to the lower part of the loop? Thanks in advance. John
What I did; remove loop, connect satellite in to top cable outlet. Satellite output to TV using RCA cables. TV to surround sound system with RCA cables. IIRC the bottom connector on the dual cable plate will take the satellite signal to bedroom. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

On edit, let me add this. The Winegard amplified outlet will not pass the voltage for the LNBF. I just installed the second receiver in the bedroom, and had to remove the Winegard outlet, remove the coax coming from the entertainment center, and add a second plate with outlet beside the Winegard. Also, the ends on the coax are all the screw on type, not worth a crap. Also all the coax connections on the Winegard amplifier were loose. Might want to check those if you take it out. I replaced all the ends with compression fittings, and will do the others in the next few days.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote