Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2007, 11:58 AM   #41
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
Since we haven't used the Big Sky for a year, we must be Notimers.

c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #42
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Since we're planning to start "fulltime" in 2011 but aren't sure when, during that year, our house will sell, I guess we are now "What Timers."
The next time someone asks me, "What time is it?" I'll just answer, "Yep, that's us."
(Posted in the ridiculous spirit of this thread; not to be taken seriously.) (Or maybe . . . a new category?) LOL
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:53 PM   #43
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I don't know about "sub-standard", Sue, but I am definitely "off-standard"...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:55 PM   #44
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
No, Dave, that is "Not Normal". LOL Still looking for the definition of "Normal".
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #45
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue, normal is what the speaker is. It's everyone else who's nuts. I thought you'd know that!

By the way, "normal" seems to imply "average." So, some of us consider ourselves above average, ya know. Therefore we are not "normal." And I haven't even reached my prime (I'm beginning to realize I may never get there! Not even close!)
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #46
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Wellll.. we sort of move aimlessly around the country. We did not know we were coming to Atlanta till a few days ago.We are heading in the general Direction of Ohio but have no idea how we will get there.. yet,, All we know is that we need to be in Goshen April 16th.We have no firm plans,No commitments,no alarm clock. My Number 1 son said he was asked what his parents did and he said they were Gypsies.I may learn to play the concertina.. I don't know who I am ???? Steve great idea about the Government handouts.. Lets see..no permanent address, no job, live in a trailer park, move frequently.. HUMMMM Sue.. Sounds like our hunting camp in NW PA..It is still that way. OK we have full timers, Long timers..What do we call folks who live in a stick house.. Homies?????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #47
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
That's because we are "off-standard" people, Rich. Remember, Sue... I'm starting my own dictionary...
Old 03-28-2007, 03:39 AM   #48
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
One of our neighbors at home said we have to be a bit "unusual" (Read nuts)To Careen around the country in 53 feet and 20K plus of truck and camper. Having no time schedule , Going most anywhere we feel like and staying as long as we want.Then wistfully said.. "I wish we could do that.He calls every so often to ask "where are you now" and to remind us how lucky we are. So whatever we choose to call ourselves..we are the fortunate ones and the longer we are on the road the more we appreciate that.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:39 AM   #49
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
As we have traveled thru out the lower 48 and a trip to Canada we have sent e-mail photos to many friends. There are several of our friends who are unable to travel tell us they are on vacation with us. And its hard to explain what we do. Most people don't understand what its like to go to bed and wake up when you want to were ever you like. Its awesome to look out the window and see monument valley, Sedona Az, or the Tetons, Rocky mountains, Bryce canyon, Moab arches. Well you guys get the picture. We just consider ourselves BLESSED by the Grace of God.... Are we full timers, part timers, sometimers, or just anytimers. Just called yourself BLESSED if you are living this type of life. Life is good. I'm sitting here over looking about 6 miles of the Tennessee River.... WOW, I LOVE this Country. Everytime I walk out side and see our Country I realize why I stayed 26 years in the Army. GBY ALL...........

What a Country.......................
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:49 AM   #50
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
I've always said that normal is whatever is in the realm of your reality...LOL I guess I could be a Sometimer, but that would make me nervous, because I Sometimes tell people that I have Sometimers Disease when I forget things. Well, I think thats what I tell them, but I'm not sure cuz I forgot.

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #51
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
When our daughters talk to each other they always ask "do you know where Mom and Dad are"? Life is good rving..........

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:05 AM   #52
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Delaine and Lindy, you have hit the nail on the head. We have a blog that we call "Our Journey" and in just over a year there have been 53,000 hits on it. The one most often feedback we get is that everyone that reads it or looks at the pictures feel like they are traveling along with us. That is my main goal when I am spending all the hours it takes to keep the blog up to date.

It started out to be a journal for our family and friends to keep up to date with us, but now we have heard from people all over the world. We are not only seeing this beautiful country but because of modern technology we are able to share it with people from many country's .

Last night my grandson called me and said that he was in San Francisco on business and what was the important things to see? I told him to go back in our blog to last year about this time and he did. Today he called and told me all the things he planned on doing after seeing again what we did.

It's a wonderful country and thank you so much for defending it for us for 26 years. God Bless.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #53
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
I think I will send in an "application video" to NBC's Extreme Makeover to make my sub-standard RV into a industry standard RV makeover! Until then I'll be camping out at Wal-Mart looking for some handouts! Please stop by, I do except can goods. Thanks!
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:33 PM   #54
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
My two sons, one in Phoenix, the other in San Diego, are both in the throws of climbing the corporate ladder. They can't believe what we have done with our house and can't figure where we will be going or living. I just tell them "Everywhere". I think, deep down, they are sort of jealous.......I tell them to work hard, invest wisely, BUT don't forget to stop and smell the roses (or cactuses)......AND someday they can be like mom and dad......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:26 AM   #55
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Now this topic is getting some steam, and the "term" fulltimer has many a choice of definitions. It is definitely a long way from even being considered sub-standard.
This is a lifestyle for the adventurer with confidence and the zeal for an active retirement.

I am a fulltimer and loving every minute, and I agree, the naysayers are just jealous they don't have the guts to shuck it all and follow a dream.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:32 AM   #56
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Delaine and Lindy, that's impressive. I love it...
Old 03-29-2007, 04:10 AM   #57
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You gotta give the poster of the sub-standard comment a break..That is not what they meant. In relation to the standards that a stick house is built to..the standards used to construct a Camper to would be sub-standard. You could not construct a stick house using camper standards.Comparing camper to camper is one thing..camper to stick house is apples..oranges. The term Sub-Standard stuck out but the poster explained what they meant but we chose to ignore that.Any how if anyone chooses to identify this life style as Sub-standard...don't bother me none.This is the good life.Again ..anyhow..my original intent was to discuss the term full timers and that has been informative and humorous.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:10 AM   #58
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Rich, you're absolutely right. However,the poster said:

"If you take that to the fulltimer example, then a person who lives exclusively in an rv is not necessarily a fulltimer, but a person who lives in a sub standard dwelling."

I take exception to that as do many others. We, my wife (who is a recovering cancer victim) and I CHOSE this FULLTIME lifestyle with our Montana and I resent being told that I live in a substandard dwelling.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:54 AM   #59
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Sometimes I think my 3000 Sq ft house is substandard because it won't roll down the road and if it did I would not need my Montana. We just love living in the Monty and I have just over 3 years left to work and I hope we are able to spend even more time and possibly full time.
FWIW, my definition of a fulltimer is anyone who lives in an RV year round. The title says it all.

I really pay attention to posts by fulltimers because they have so much experience with RV systems and RV problems. I have owned RVs for 33 years but when I first started out, sometimes only used them 3 weeks a year, and now I am up to maybe 8 weeks a year.

IMHO, there is nothing substandard about a modern RV and the neat thing about a Montana with it's high living room, feels more like a home to me than a mega buck diesel pusher with it's seven foot ceiling because that is my definition of a shack..... a 7 foot ceiling.
LOL, most diesel pushers cost more than most stick homes so once again, it is a personal choice what we call substandard. To me a Montana Fiver is a sweet home on wheels and a great place to live weather you are a fulltimer, longtimer, or part timer.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:07 AM   #60
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
With my Monty I have 400 Sq Feet of living space. While watching a program were people look to by a new house by looking a 3 of them and seeing how they can be updated to match what they want within their budget a couple were "up grading" from a 400+ Sq Foot home to a 525 sq foot home on the Mass. coast for around $300,000.

I can take my 400 sq foot home and enjoy areas that some can only dream about living. Last summer I lived for 4 months in the Santa Fe National Forest in New Mexico. I was at 8,000 feet, small lake just 4 miles down the road, deer, turkey, rabbits, and other wildlife around every day in beautiful pine and aspen trees. I had full hook-ups and felt right at home. From here to the coast of California staying at the beach in my own 400 Sq foot home. If this is substandard living I guess I'll just have to tolerate it.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote