Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
onecardshort

M.O.C. #4030
fuse panel labels

I was looking at the fuse panel,and could not identify half of the fuse positions.The person who labeled the fuses has hand writing worse then mine. Does anyone with a 2002 2955RL have a listing of the fuse positions and main circuit breaker positions. I am going to make new labels for mine. Thanks

onecardshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #2
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Be aware that the wiring doesn't follow a set procedure. I'm guessing the fuses are hand labeled because they're simply labeled as each particular wire is connected...In no particular order.

Personally, (because I can't read mine, either,) I wish they would set a process that can afford them a properly printed label for the entire panel.

Not sure how, other than pulling fuses to see what stops working, we can determine for sure what's what in there.

Sorry,
Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
You do have to be bit of a mind reader but I did get my figured out. Of course each technician probably has a different system but ours seems to be in the shorthand that doesn't use vowels. Try adding some vowels and see if that helps.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Wired the same. Yeah right.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:09 PM   #5
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
This is a big pet peeve of mine. I called Keystone and wanted to know what it would csot for a set of wiring and plumbing schematics and they said they don't exist. The techs just do their own thing. Everytime I think of doing something, I get concerned with what I might be getting into and not even know it.

Mike
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:33 PM   #6
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
I sure can relate to this problem. I have tried to decipher the hen scratches on the two panels and so far have only succeeded in about half of them. Hopefully I can figure out the rest in due time.

It is really hard to beleive that Montana wouldn't wire and fuse all of a given model RV the same. Even A $200 ELECTRONICS DEVICE ONE CAN GET A SCHEMATIC FOR.

I do know that if there is no set wiring pattern they will never achieve ISO 2000 standards for quality. It is hard to beleive there is not a published schematic. How would they train a new employee or know if they got it right?

I recently tried to figure out the wiring on the Cable/Satellite input/output connectors recently. The owners manual is of no help. Surely Montana can tell us how it is supposed to be wired. I'll try to find out.
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:49 AM   #7
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
From what I’ve heard, (take it with a grain of salt,) the workers on the line may not be all that literate. They don’t value education as much as they do the Amish lifestyle.

So even if there was a schematic, it’d be next to impossible for the workers to follow it.

I have no idea whether this is the same as other manufacturers, but if they make it in that area, it’s most likely the same labor pool is utilized, and the same problem exists in other rigs.

It is a pain. But it’s one that can be overcome, even if it means a long spell of doing-it-yourself.

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote