Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2006, 04:51 PM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Bill! I have it bookmarked.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:21 PM   #22
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Mac,
I have a feeling once you get the first one done, the next 3 will go pretty quickly. If not, there is no better way to spend an afternoon other than working on a Montana. =)

I am taking my coach to the dealership tomorrow to be dewinterized along with adding my 2nd a/c in the bedroom. I will now have an extra vent and vent cover, will throw them into the shed incase I have to replace one in the future.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:20 AM   #23
Dano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4721
We had our maxxair covers installed by the dealer when we bought our unit, Had all four vents done. Sure is nice to not have to worry about rain when were not home. Would like to get the turbo/maxx installed on that one vent I need a ladder to open. I like the one that has the thermastat operation.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:42 AM   #24
Sunseekers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #710
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunseekers
I agree with the many posting - that a cover is very much needed as the lid is exposed to some harsh elements. We had a lid break on our previous RV, while in storage, because of a hail storm. What a mess the water made in our bathroom!
Such fun to put on a new lid after knee surgery!

As far as installing covers it does not require any drilling of holes. Like someone earlier said " after you install the first one you are an expert'
Sunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:02 PM   #25
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Montana Sky,

I bought the Maxxair vent covers last time I was at CW and just installed them tonight. Not too, bad, it took me about an hour an a half but, as usual, the first one took the longest. Now I still need to buy the "Fan-Mate" for the fantastic fan to cover it, they didn't have any at my CW so I'll order it online.

I'm glad I got them done, I've always thought the trailers and motorhomes with them looked good, kind of of more "finished". AND the fact that they'll probalby protect the vent covers doesn't hurt, they also cover the entire area where the vents "flash" onto the roof and that should help a little as well.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #26
Montana_1982

M.O.C. #1982
I had one vent cover fail on my Memorial Day trip, and now have a second failure on an RV purchased August 20, 2004. I would agree with the person who said there must have been a bad batch - probably UV protector omitted. Neither of my previous two RV's ever had a failure. Wish someone would identify the brand of these Montana is using so I could order some without going to the store. Mine have the hollow tube that you bend the tabs down at the ends of the tube hinge to secure them.
Montana_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:35 PM   #27
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We put AeroFlo vent covers from Camping World on our trailer. These seemed like a good idea at the time because they had hinged translucent lids that could be opened to clean the inside and remove debris. They became brittle and failed last winter in the RGV. We have replaced them with Maxxairs.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:44 AM   #28
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
We had to replace 2 vent covers. One was covered with the Maxxair and the other was not. Both became very brittle due to the sun. I did put a Maxxair cover on the one that was not covered previously.
I think the covers used by Keystone are simply cheap. The two I replaced were both made in China and came from two different dealers.
Keystone is probably not the only company using poor quality covers.
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:07 AM   #29
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Hmmm, Weldon,

Wonder if they use cheap cause they know so many of us put Maxxairs over them?? I'll bet you are right, probably only a couple of vendors for that, same as all other stuff, like the ovens. SIGHH Didn't someone say: No competition??

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #30
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Oh boy..we had the max air vent covers on our Coachman, transfered them to our Terry and they were still on it when we sold it..They were 12 years old.l.faded but in good shape..we have them on the 3400..hope they still make them as good...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote