Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2006, 02:12 AM   #1
Roadster31
Established Member

M.O.C. #5548
3500 RL

Why did you do away with the French doors and replace them with cheap looking pocket doors??? It lost its elegant look. On top of that Why wern't people that had one on order told about this change??

Roadster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:33 AM   #2
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
That would be a deal breaker for me. To order it one way and have it come in another especially those french doors, you're right that was a big selling point.....I would call foul and have them take it back.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:20 AM   #3
kwbosch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3237
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Roadster31

Why did you do away with the French doors and replace them with cheap looking pocket doors??? It lost its elegant look. On top of that Why wern't people that had one on order told about this change??
Every one we looked at had been damaged. One was actually ripped completely off the door jam. I'd bet money that Keystone got tired of repairing them. The pocket door will never be in harms way when the slides come in.

Ken
kwbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #4
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
The doors are ok but look best when closed. which doesn't happen very often. They then take up some space because of 'swing' room and cause a somewhat cluttered look. Ours are usually open all of the time. They had pockets at first but apparently had a lot of problems with them falling off of the tracks. We've had no problem with ours other than they always open [unlatch] during travel. I have started strapping them closed for travel. I may install slide bolts to the tops later. I suspect they returned to the pocket doors because of customer requests. I think I would like the style of door we have as a slider instead of the french doors.

They changed a lot of stuff on us when we ordered our 1st Montana, turned out well though, we ended up with the flat bedroom floor and other midyear changes at no cost.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:29 AM   #5
Montana_3032
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3032
They took away the French Doors ???? I love my doors....I wouldn't like it near as much with Pocket doors...I love having the choice of 'rasing' the shades on the door when the doors are closed and still being able to see in the kitchen if I want or need to..

And I agree without the French doors...I don't think it would look near as nice/elegant.
Montana_3032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 10:25 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Are the new pocket doors solid doors? Why couldn't they solve the other problems by using pocket doors that look like French doors when pulled out? That would seem the best of both worlds to me.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #7
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Are the new pocket doors solid doors? Why couldn't they solve the other problems by using pocket doors that look like French doors when pulled out? That would seem the best of both worlds to me.
Probably becaue of no day/night blinds, although venition blinds or curtains could be hung from just above the door opening. Or removable panels over the glass?

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #8
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
I just took delivery of the new model 3500RL, and I like it a lot more than the french doors. The french doors when openend into the den area requires space to completely close, and like the extra space the sliding ones have. Next, the sliding doors DO come with night shades. Also, the units with the french doors had an arch above the door and made the den look a little smaller, but they've carried the trim of the door all the way to the ceiling and it looks BIGGER when standing in the kitchen looking in the den or vice-versa. Also, when all the slides are closed, you can now walk into the den. I'm very happy I decided to get the sliding doors. I love french doors, but all the positive changes was enough to make me change my mind. If you haven't been in one of the new ones, check one out, you may really like it better. I did. Happy Camping...Allison
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote