Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2005, 08:05 AM   #1
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
Heavy dining room chairs

We have a 3400RL. Actually, it's still at the dealers as they found a couple of cupboard doors that they were going to replace. We were only in the unit twice but both times I tried sitting at the table and getting the chair just right. I thought they were very heavy and hard to position. I suppose sitting on the carpet is part of the problem----they'd move easier on the hard floor. Does anyone else have a problem with them? I was wondering if one could put some levelers (the kind with the gliders) on the legs.......? I doubt we'll use the table much unless I can come up with some solution!

mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 08:11 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
The chairs are heavy because of the storage area that is built in. You could replace them with non storage chairs. We don't have a problem with getting them in position. I think you just get use to them.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:03 AM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
We put em where we want em, and then don't move em a lot! But, we are happy with them. Also left TWO of them in the pole barn after the 4th day of ownership! I sorta "walk" them into the position I need or want them in, wobbling from side to side. They sure are more comfy than the couch/bench seats with worn out foam rubber padding stuff from the old TT we had. And, if we need to we can pull them out into the room for additional seating when we have a gang in.

Carol

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 10:35 AM   #4
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
We threw out the factory chairs and table and bought an oak pedestal table. Larger and not screwed to the floor. Way better then stock.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #5
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
We put the chairs where we want then and if it is too close to the table, we just move the table top from side to side, by unlocking it and slide it to were we need it. It works great.
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:49 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
One advantage of the chairs being heavy is that they stay put without being strapped in when we're traveling. It's an ugly task to crawl under the table and secure them with the strap we were provided. It's much more convenient to have our four year old granddaughter along so she can help us and get it done easily.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote