Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Galley tank dump valve

As we were driving this afternoon, Steve and I got to talking about the "lost" galley dump valve recently mentioned on the MOC. His cousin just bought a 2008 3075RL and, since dealers are notorious for failing to inform new owners of the location of this valve, we made a mental note to remember to tell him. This, of course, led to a discussion of a simple and inexpensive solution to this problem. To my way of thinking, the simplest and possibly cheapest solution would be for Keystone to install a sticker, placed near the basement dump valves, stating the location of the galley tank dump valve. For example, on the 3400RL,it would read "The galley dump valve is located between the street-side wheels."

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Great idea, Vicki. If it hadn't been for info on the MOC we would probably have never found ours. We did lose it once but was able to replace it at an RV supply and screw it back on with no problem.
Happy trails............................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
An awesome suggestion... when you see how many times on this forum that people are asking for that information, something needs to inform people of where things are.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
It could look something like this.

The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Several posts deleted as being "off topic". They were good suggestions but not pertinent to this thread. If you are still interested in the topics please post in appropriate categories.

Thank you,

RVWheels, MOC Admin.
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:56 PM   #6
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
When we did our initial walk through, I remember the dealer showing it to me. But, between then and when it needed to be dumped the first time it left my brain. But, I found it that night with a flashlight. I ran across a gentlemen in Pueblo, Colorado that had a plumber on the way out to work on his new Montana. Boy, was he glad to meet me. He had been tearing into it to find the "clog". A small orange sticker on the outside would be great. Once you've done it a few times, you remember. That first time's a doozy.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:46 AM   #7
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Just last week the wife and I were camping up the coast in a state park and a new tanna pulled in next to us super people and soon to be members here I'm sure they kept looking at there monitor and couldn't figure out the galley tank deal so they came over with a simple question lol Whats this galley tank thing so with our help and a little looking I found the valve lol boy they didn't have a clue now they will have a twist on spade valve at the dump and will be able to use there galley tank to it's max I too didn't have a clue when I brought out tanna home till I got here on the forum and asked about it lol so happy to share with others thanks tto the kind people here
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote