Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2007, 06:13 AM   #1
TubensMA

M.O.C. #6959
Send a message via Yahoo to TubensMA
Leaving NYC

I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing tales on the 2 locations I may be moving to. Richmond, VA area and Las Vegas. I'm not sure which one just yet, but I will be leaving for one of them in the next few months. DOD Employee and retired Army still working for Army. My wife and I plan to give fulltiming a go. We have been waiting for this chance for years and now it seems we are close. We are looking for thoughts on your impressions of area, Friendly campgrounds to stay at, and anything else you'd like to share.
Thanks

TubensMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
If I were able to afford retirement (2 kids in college) it would definitely be Va. not Las Vegas. Personal choice only. Va. has everthing I want mountains, coast, mostly nice people normal temps. Vegas not for me, period. The only thing Vegas has that I'd want is no taxes, other than that it is a bust for me. If I want a similar climate I'll go to Phoenix.
Just my 2 cents
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Not my favorite area either, but if you HAVE to select Vegas, Nellis AFB FAMCAMP is the place to go, at least for the first 30-60 days. There is a limit on the duration of the stay....check with them.
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote