Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #1
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Update on Our Adventure to Full Time

All of the furniture is sold. The piano was the last thing and we began to wonder if we would have to give it away but a man bought it Thursday. All the stuff is in storage except the 3 big pieces that will be moved next week. We have about 25 boxes lined up in the garage for Salvation Army to pick up. We did the Estate Sale ourselves and did very well. Was actually kind of fun. We met some of our neighbors that we didn't know. I'm doing very well finding a spot for all the stuff in the Monty. Still have a few empty cupboards but still have some craft stuff to go out there. We washed Monty this week as well as Brutus (TV) and Ed is busy shampooing carpet in the house. Have to get the computer out to the Monty yet and then we will be ready to go. Our South Dakota license plates arrived Thursday so we are official. We had to get them ahead of time because our CA plates expire 8/31 and we did not want to chance getting stopped. Plus there was a BIG difference in the price between CA and SD. I made a really neat thing for our vintage Coke glasses that I will share later. Our only snag so far is what to do about health insurance for Ed. We can't keep what we have because it is not all over the US. He only has 3 months before he is eligible for Medicare and we don't think we can get coverage for him for just 3 months. I'm on Medicare so no problem there.

Just a week to go!!!
Happy trails........................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, Sue, I'd wondered what you guys have been up to lately. Glad to hear that things have been going so well. Have fun!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:09 AM   #3
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Sounds like everything is going well. Real excited for you. It's kind of nice knowing that you won't be "forgeting" anything because you'll have it all with you! I don't know what my problem was last weekend, but I forgot so much stuff! I guess I was in a hurry to go. That and the fact I haven't duplicated everything in the Monty and I still "share" things with the brick house. Safe travels to you when you hit the road! Keep us posted.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:34 AM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Congratulations on your new adventure! We did the same thing the end of March and have not looked back, literally. We are heading for New York from Nevada. So far, we've made it to Michigan.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Wow, you're getting close. How exciting. Can't you just keep Ed's insurance for the next three months and act like you are on vacation if anything should happen? I know that is what most people do for short term like that.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congratulations to you two. You can tell us all about your adventures at the Siskiyou rally next May.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Congratulations. We can't wait to join you. Only 322 days to go, not that we're counting.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Sue and Ed, we know what you are going through as we are doing the same. What the kids haven't taken we are selling and only putting a few things in storage, at my brothers, that I can sell on Ebay this winter and my genealogy files that I hope to get finally organized this winter and leave with the kids. Jackie retires the end of April and then we will be off.

Again, good luck and keep posting so we know what you are doing and where you are.

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:18 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Susie-Q, good luck on your new adventure, you and Ed must be so excited. I'm happy for you, Have fun and I hope to meet you guys. Remember South Texas this Winter.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:32 AM   #10
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Sue, where are you heading when you take off?
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
We are going first to South Dakota to finish up on that. Then we may head for Goshen if the timing is right, then to Branson for family visits then we may spend December in Texas. Our granddaughter lives in Dickinson and their condo complex also has an RV park that looks really nice. After that we will probably spend 3 or 4 months in the Tuscon area. Then come back to CA, stop at the storage place to exchange some of the quilts I'm revamping and exchange fire arms and then to Shasta and then to Alaska. Whew - I'm excited just writing it.
Happy trails.......................
Old 08-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #12
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
When you hook up Monty and drive away, knowing you won't be back, that's when you realize that you have cut the ropes on your geographical anchor. "They" will ask you, "Where are you from?". The answer is, "Right here, I am from right here because this is where I am and 'home' is where I am."

Today, we are from New Brunswick. Tomorrow we will be from Bangor, Maine. Yesterday, we were from Nova Scotia.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #13
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Stiles, I like your thinking, as usual. I have a little plague hanging on the valance over the desk in the Monty that my daughter gave me several years ago when I was never "home" at the stick house. It says, "Home is where Mother is". That is going to be my motto.
Happy trails......................
Old 08-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #14
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Sue,

Congrats on your sale and your upcoming adventures. We just got back from our first long trip and I wasn't ready to come home yet. Good luck and drive safely. I think the most fun is waking up to new scenery at each new campground. If you are coming near the Austin, Texas area we would love to get together with you.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 AM   #15
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Sue,
Congratulations! You and Ed will enjoy the freedom you now have.Everyday a new town and a new adventure. Looking forward to seeing you in Goshen
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Sue - good luck with your adventure - we are heading to SD, arrived in Ohio tonight.

Be safe!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #17
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Sue, when you guys get to Az. give us a shout! We are about 3 1/2 to 4 hours from Tucson, maybe we could hook up for a couple of days?
Joy
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote