Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #1
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
Getting the Television to play thru surround sound

We were told at the dealer that the TV would not play through the surround sound. We have the 32" Viewsonic LCD TV with the JVC Digital Disc Theater System. There are 5 speakers in the 5th wheel and supposedly only the sound of the discs played on the VCR comes through the sound system. We have been reading the books and so far have not found a way to hook it up differently. I have a difficult time believing that the tv will not play through these speakers. I know all the experts out there can help. Thanks

kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Karen,

I don't have what you have, but you should have an audio out on the back of the LCD TV. On the back of the JVC you should have an audio input or axillary input. Now connect the TV to the JVC with an audio cable and you should have TV audio through the JVC. You will probably have to turn the TV volume up enough to share with the JVC. If the broadcast is in surround sound you should hear surround sound.

Hope that helps.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
I bought a nice flat panel with separate HD tuner and lots of inputs for home and found it has no audio outs!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I bought a new big bad sony with all the bells and whistles for my unit. The only problem...I can't get the tv to play through the speakers. These things should come with a how to dvd.
Good Luck!
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:54 PM   #5
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
Ours is an older model, but I can only get audio out of all 5 speakers when I play a DVD with 5.1 Dolby Digital, If you havn't tried that, I would suggest you do and see what happens. I think the audio input needs to be Dolby Digital 5.1 for all speakers to work. Of course I could be wrong or not reading your question right.
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:55 AM   #6
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mtnhntr

Ours is an older model, but I can only get audio out of all 5 speakers when I play a DVD with 5.1 Dolby Digital, If you havn't tried that, I would suggest you do and see what happens. I think the audio input needs to be Dolby Digital 5.1 for all speakers to work. Of course I could be wrong or not reading your question right.
Same here...has to be a DVD for the sound to come out the two speakers across from the tv. If we had a decent owner's manual, it would tell us that, took me 10 months to finally find that out......
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:48 PM   #7
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
Well from all your feedback it is obvious that we will not get surround sound out of the tv. We do not have an audio output on this tv. It is amazing to me that this rv is equipped with all these speakers and can only be used for the DVD player What a waste. It would really be nice to have sound over by the sofa because with the air conditioner running, the tv has to be turned up very loud and the person using the pc at the desk gets blasted out.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well..I have no idea how Helen does this and she says ..just read the book.. On our 063 400. The surround sound does work when we are watching a pay per view TV. It does not work when watching a regular tv station..It does work when on FM radio.. She says if you read the book it will tell you how to make this happen?????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:30 AM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I think on ours (07 3400) the DVD box has to be on and the Audio switched to the Audio 1 setting. We have surround sound on everything that is surround sound compatibile. On the stations or movies that are nor surround sound encoded, if we leave the system on we get an unusual echo effect out of the front speakers. Hope this helps.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:27 AM   #10
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
We'll try these ideas. Right now we do not have tv. We are in Spruce Pine, NC. Beautiful.....but no cable and the satellite does not work. John found something on the remote yesterday that sid surround on/off.........we'll see if that or these ideas work. thanks for all your help.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #11
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
To solve the A/C noise problem, I tried a set of wireless speakers and a wireless headset - wasn't happy with the quality of the sound with either one. Perhaps they are better now or perhaps I didn't spend enough $$$$.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #12
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
The sound and video signal are coming through the cable. If you have a audio/video receiver you can take the cable to your receiver and then feed the signal for the TV via S-video, composite, HDTV or cable connectors. THe sound will then be on one of your various receiver inputs. My Sony Receiver allows me bring in the sound from my DVD, TV, Stereo, 300 CD Changer and aux inputs to their own channels. I just set it up that when I want to watch TV I just select video 1. DVD sound DVD, CD sound CD, etc. The picture always goes to the TV. Of course the TV sets volume is turned down so it all comes through the surround sound. If the DW is trying to sleep and I need to keep it down then I have the bedroom speakers on an A/B switch part of the reciever. I also have some wireless headphones in. Another alternative in this situation if she is listening to CD's in the bedroom is to turn off the A speaker and then use the TV volume controls to listen to it in the living room.
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote