Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #21
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Gotta love that "Zero Degree Tested"...then they list vented attic, enclosed heated dump valves, etc, etc...which "enhance four season living." Carefully omitted were the results of the test...maybe they were too cold to write them, or all the computers literally 'froze.'

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #22
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Alpha SeeYA or a Montana, assuming that the seeya is a MH not a 5th wheel. Depends on what you want to spend. I looked seriously at an Alpha SeeYa, a 2001 model at $110,000 needless to say the Montana was less that half of that. That does come into play but the biggest factor for us is in how we will use the unit. We are fulltiming and stay each place we go at least a month. For that, the travel comfort versus long term comfort comes into play. We opt for long term comfort and space. Have friends that move every 6 to 7 days at a maximum and then travel hundreds of miles to their next spot, in that case I would do as they did, go with the MH. When we start traveling more we will also go to the motorhome, until then the Montana is great.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #23
Walt Gonna to Buy

M.O.C. #7032
Wow... what a group.... Thanks for the replys... I have enjoyed reading responses and wandering thru the various sites available .... I am very impressed by the quality of responses and your suggestions.. thank you.
We are getting more excited everyday about our decision to hit the road... will be looking to meet each and everyone of you.
We have been slaves to the medical field for the past 40 years and look forward to spending some quality time together and seeing our wonderful country.
I agree the hunt has been fun... climbing in and out of 5th wheels... body blocking the sales staff in truck lots....
I was pumped about the 350 Fords..but came home and found on the internet the recall associated with the wiring harness... stalling in traffic.. not starting... hmmmm anyone have problems with that ?
My staff at work are divided between Ford and GMC/Chevy.. so I get advice everyday... they are buying Truck Trader and attempting to sway the boss....
5th Wheel choice we are on our own... no advice from staff .. at my wifes (Mary) work place they are thinking we are crazy wanting to spend that much time together.. but after 42 years of marriage.. guess we have it figured out.. gets better everyday...
Again.. thanks all... I will be looking for more advice..
Walt.. getting closer to buying..
Walt Gonna to Buy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Hold it...I like my Montana..Never said I loved it..It is just a thing..Don't love my Truck either..another thing. They are functional and serve a purpose.I am being honest in my reports and evaluation of the reliability of MY 3400 Montana and it is not a real pretty story 26 failures in 112 days..make that 27 just found the back of our recliner unraveling..but I am just telling the story..and I do look at quality, workmanship, fit and finish in everything we purchase..The See Ya is also a 5th wheel..very nice camper and a bit more expensive than the Montana.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote