Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2007, 05:34 AM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Desktop PC

I want to take a desktop PC AND a Laptop with us. My question is: Does anyone else out there do this? How would a desktop travel (shaking and bouncing). Also how do you connect the two to the internet? Thanks for info.

Phil P.

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:37 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pparamore

I want to take a desktop PC AND a Laptop with us. My question is: Does anyone else out there do this? How would a desktop travel (shaking and bouncing). Also how do you connect the two to the internet? Thanks for info.

Phil P.
We've been full timing for over six years and in all that time we've carried a desk top PC (mine) and a laptop. We also carry a scanner and three printers (Epson 1280 Color Printer, Canon 660D copier/printer, and a Lexmark laser printer). At one time we had two desk to PCs.

We've never had a problem with any of the equipments. Everything has continued to operate well. My processor sits on the floor under the table while my monitor sits on the table (I have one of those flat screen monitors). The laser printer sits between the sofa and the table and the copier/printer sits in the corner on the other side of the table.

We connect to the internet using Wi-Fi when it's available. Otherwise we use our Verizon cell phones using a special cable from Verizon. The transfer rate of data using the cell phone is slow but effective. We don't mind.

Orv

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:08 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We have also traveled with a desktop and plan to do so when we go fulltime. My processor sits on the desk and hooked down with those earthquake clamps. Printer is on the other side and flat screen monitor in the middle.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote