Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2007, 05:34 AM   #1
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Gas/electric water heater

I have the KIB monitor with the water heater switch. There is a small indicator light between the water heater switch and the pump switch. I always flip the heater on propane when we shower, for the fast recovery. I had noticed the light has always come on until this morning. Does this light indicate that the heater burner is on or off? I looked in the Keystone manual and on the KIB site to no avail.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:54 AM   #2
rlrich
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5319
I have noticed the same thing. I think the little red lights comes on when the burner is attempting to light. It goes out when lighting is successful. Just my opinion not backed by any facts.
rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Rick, I think you are correct. We were told at our PDI that that is the electric ignitor working.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:04 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SlickWillie

I have the KIB monitor with the water heater switch. There is a small indicator light between the water heater switch and the pump switch. I always flip the heater on propane when we shower, for the fast recovery. I had noticed the light has always come on until this morning. Does this light indicate that the heater burner is on or off? I looked in the Keystone manual and on the KIB site to no avail.
That little light indicates that the igniter is on and attempting to light the propane burner in the water heater. When the burner lights, the littl red light extinguishes. If there is a time when you don't notice the little red light when you switch the switch on, that's probably because the water is already hot. Just an opinion. I've never noticed a time on ours when I turned it on and the light didn't light.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote