Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #41
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Gee, I didn't mean to generate so much heat in this topic. I just wanted to let Keystone know how disappointed I am about the high gloss. I would also like to say this Montana is built very well and exceeds my expectations in every other way. I can say the same about all three of the Montanas we've bought new and that's why we are on Montana number 3. That plus the way Keystone has handled service after the purchase. They truly are a class act in my opinion. I am just disppointed in this one thing.

Rich, the entry door is high gloss. The water inlet door is plastic, like all of them. I think. Now I'll have to go check. It's dark so I'll wait until tomorrow. The three locker doors and the propane locker doors are the ones I'm thinking about that are not high gloss.

Jim, I don't think an upgraded Montana replaces the Big Sky. I do think the demise of the Big Sky resulted in some of those features being brought into the Montana. Back when the Big Sky was still around we had high gloss on our regular Montana but it was an option. On the Big Sky it was standard.

Thanks to all for the support. It is appreciated. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get those doors to shine like the rest of the rig. Thanks to those who have offered suggestions. At the moment I'm too worn out from moving and installing things on this rig to even think about doing something about the doors. But eventually our lives will return to normal and then I'll give this more thought. Thanks again to all.

To whomever it was who asked if Keystone reads these things. Yes, they do. I had some emails from Keystone about my suggestion about location of the water pump switch in our 2003 3295RK. They moved the switch (on later models) to be accessible with slides retracted, by the way. And a number of improvements have come because of comments in MOC. I've had Keystone employees comment about certain posts when we've been on the factory tours and just chatting with them. So, yes, they do listen. And they react when feasible. They just do not post here. I can certainly understand that.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #42
worknomore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2216
Steve,

I'm just quoting what Jeff told me & others at the rally last year. He said that with the intro of the Cambridge, there just wasn't room in the lineup for the Big Sky. Only makes sense, AND he said that most, if not all of the Big Sky standard features would eventually be incorporated into the Montana. If you think about it, a lot already has. Heard the same thing from the factory rep 3 years ago when trying to decide between the two. He happened to be at our dealer when we were 'shopping'...

Jim & Bev
'05 2955RL
'04 Duramax
Retired & Lovin' it!
[IMG] http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...rand_Blanc.gif border=0
alt="Click for Grand Blanc, Michigan Forecast" height=60 width=468>[/url]
[/IMG]
worknomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:59 PM   #43
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jim, I was told pretty much the same thing. I just didn't take it to mean the current Montanas are the same as the Big Sky was. They are a lot closer than they used to be but not the same. Maybe it's just a semantics thing in the way I read the statement. I didn't mean to say the Montana has not been upgraded to include much of what the Big Sky had. Sorry if I came across that way.

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:15 AM   #44
worknomore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2216
No foul, Steve. I think we're both saying basically the same thing - just hard to express it in this format...

Jim & Bev
'05 2955RL
'04 Duramax
Retired & Lovin' it!
[IMG] http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...rand_Blanc.gif border=0
alt="Click for Grand Blanc, Michigan Forecast" height=60 width=468>[/url]
[/IMG]
worknomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:02 AM   #45
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I received a response from Keystone's Team Montana. The cargo doors are not part of the Hi-gloss package, and are not offered as an option. They did say however, that the Dealers can order the cargo doors separate, if customer relations had relayed that to me the way the gentleman on the phone did, I would have let it lie then. I believe Steve said the main door is Hi-gloss. Enough said, I'm done, I'll just waittttttt patientlyyyyyy for my new 3400.

Pete, Waltraud (Wally), Brian(Grandson) and Hannah (Big German Shepherd).
2005 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW FX4 Crew Cab 6.0 Turbo Diesel, w/tow boss package, dual batteries and alternators. Reese 16K fifth wheel and a 2005 Montana 2955RL.
IMG]http://i4.tinypic.com/1115lk2.jpg[/IMG
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote