Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2006, 08:05 AM   #1
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Bubbles on the siding

While we were camping this past week we experienced some torrential rainstorms which are common at this time of year here in Florida, when we woke in the morning the top of the dresser inside the emergency exit window had a large puddle of water on it. We caulked the window and of course we haven't had any rain since so I will have to test our repairs with a hose now that we are home. However, after unhooking and stabilizing the Monty on the pad here at home I noticed two bubbles on the side wall almost directly below the emergency window. Has anyone experienced this?, I have a 2005 2955RL. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I am very reluctant to return to the dealer where I bought it because they have never fixed anything correctly yet, and I don't want them messing it up.

Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
I would have this looked at very soon. It sounds as though water has been leakin around the window and into the wall and the fiberglass is delaminating from the plywood. Let us know how you make out.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Pete, I suggest you contact Keystone about it. Our prior Montana developed bubbles on the outside, above the shower. It was still under warranty. Keystone suggested two places in their vicinity in Indiana and also said I could find a repair facility in my own area and they would work with them to take care of it. I took it to Fox RV in Middlebury, IN.

The cause of mine differs from yours but I'll post it here in case it helps anyone else avoid this problem. I had noticed the bottom of the shower walls were not caulked and had our dealer caulk them. I found out later this likely caused the problem as condensation from the heat of the shower is supposed to drain out through the bottom of those shower walls. I had them closed off. Moisture found another way out, loosening the glue in the walls in the process.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:01 AM   #4
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Thanks 8.1al and sreigle for the responses, I tried to call Keystone last week but they are closed until after the 4th of July, I also emailed them through customer service. The Montana is only a year and a half old, I'm not sure about the warranty on the siding. I also don't feel real good about taking it back to the dealer where I bought it because they have not fixed anything right yet, and this will be a job for a professional.
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote