Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2009, 06:28 AM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
That Letter from Chrysler for Californians

I got these letters today from a company that is doing a check for Chrysler. I called them and it was supose to be an agreement with the big three to check the new emissions on vehicles produced for California Dodge I guess has subed out the job to this company in letter # 2 letter # 1 is from Chrysler.
I created 2 tags so it would not take up space on the forum.
After you read what do you think?
has GMC or Ford sent out any letters like this for California vehicles.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...25/letter1.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...25/letter2.jpg

On Edit below.

OK here is the scoop on what happened when the person from Winter Park Engineering LLC came to my home today, and pluged into the truck computer into his laptop.
He said that Chrysler has made three program so far to do this check and he has had problems with them all except this one, he said they finally got the program right,
it looks like a a bunch of numbers on a early type data file in DOS format. the TV cant have any of these things happen prior to the test, No- check engin light, discinected battery, no clear resets, no deletes of any kind, for them to get a proper reading, it will tell him if any of these things were done prior to the test.
I did get 2 tickets for the AMC theaters and 20 dollars of fuel. maybe 8 gal if that much. I asked if they will be doing another check on my vehicle and I was told no. I asked if the system in my 3500 was doing what it supose to do he said yes. he said the compile a data base for CARB and send it to them on just how all the vehicles are doing in emissions department

Old 07-11-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
I think it would be wise to call Chyrsler customer service or CARB, NOT using the number they gave and verify. Too much social engineering going around to believe any email.
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Countryfolks

I think it would be wise to call Chyrsler customer service or CARB, NOT using the number they gave and verify. Too much social engineering going around to believe any email.
I did call them and they have jocked out the job to a vender. From what I was told when the EPA and the big three made this agreement to do this servey for emissions, and when Dodge was supose to do the test they asked the EPA how much money the would get for doing it, I guess it wasn't enugh so they hired a vendor to do the test. I'm supose to have the test done at my home on Monday, we'll see I'll keep you informed.

TT2
Old 07-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That's interesting, Don. I guess they're looking to see that those in use are still in compliance? Your Dodge, by the way, and mine (and all 6.7L from what I've read), already meet the 2010 standards without further changes. No urea injection or any of that.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
They want to check to make sure they are making the standards they claim.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

That's interesting, Don. I guess they're looking to see that those in use are still in compliance? Your Dodge, by the way, and mine (and all 6.7L from what I've read), already meet the 2010 standards without further changes. No urea injection or any of that.
For sure Steve.
From the conversation I got out from Paul the agent that's doing the inspection in my area, he gave me the impression that "CARB" ( Californis Air Resorces Bearu ) want to see if the trucks are keeping the emissions low and are working as they are supose to. it will be interresting to see how Ford and Chevy do in this mandated inspection by the EPA.
They picked California because it has the strictes requirements for smog of any state.
the only problem I see is that the diesel puts less junk in the air, but is puts it back into the engin and turbo making for more oil changes and the turbo getting perged of soot.